Which of the Three current consoles do you perfer.

Acebopata

44 members have voted

1. 1. Whis do you perfer

• Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • I like all of them the same
    • I don't like any of the systems
    • I've never used any of these systems.
  2. 2. Why did you chose your awnser

• System Duribility
    • Online multiplayer capability
    • Game Graphics
    • Game selection
    • Personal favorite
    • Only system I have
    • Other
    • I don't play any of these system
    • I don't like any of the systems

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NINTENDO 64!!!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif.

And now seriously, my favourite console is SEGA Genesis (or SEGA Mega Drive 2, as called here in Europe). I don't like today's systems, I feel like I'm going to break the darn thing if I touch it, especially when it comes to Wii. They are just too fragile when it comes to mechanical damage, too complicated (too many buttons and settings for my taste), have a ton of cables I don't know where to plug in and a user manual bigger than the console itself.

And I haven't seen a PS3, Xbox or Wii running a 16-bit Super Mario, it's too powerful for them http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Well, that's my opinion, most others probably think differently.

Edited by Werne

I don't have them, and well, with the way the companies control the usage of their systems and services, I don't want them.

Honestly, if they continue the path they're taking, consoles don't have much of a future left compared to handheld devices and PCs. If there's going to be a generation after the next, they're going to have to put their differences aside and work together to allow some freedoms desired by both the consumer and developer, such as equal language support* and a removable storage format that works with the consumers' console of choice. If they would do this, the result could possibly reduce production costs and times by a third when compared to the current setups. The thought of games being "exclusive" to a console might die, but honestly that's a step forward as generations get older and their attention shifts to other pieces of hardware.

*By this I mean progamming languages such as C++ and Lua

Edited by ziitch

I chose the PS3 because the online is free and it doesn't have to be fixed every week, I do much prefer the 360s controller though. I got a Wii around release date and a year later it was collecting dust, I sold it while it was still worth something.

ok so i chose the PS3 and also chose the first 6 options on the second have.

going in order:

- System Durability. I have one of the original 80GB Ps3 Fats that came out. i got it over 4 years ago. now is that a long time? no. hell my mom still has a fully functional Atari. but for the latest generation of consoles, thats not bad. also as i said considering this was one of the first models to come out, the fact it hasnt had any bugs is amazing. (knock on wood for this whole statement lol) no Yellow Light of Death or anything. no skips or hickups. how many people can say they have an original Xbox? never having RROD? not sure im many. so im very impressed pleased and happy how long my Ps3 has lasted, and hope it lasts till Ps4. id hate to have to buy a Slim just a year before PS4 comes out....plus mine still has Backwards compatibility.

- Online Multiplayer. Xbox gets all the hype for this. but honestly i see no difference. the only thing that makes 360s online so good is cross game chat, which ill admit im jealous of. other then that, they are the same. i never have to wait to find matches in most games. i rarely experience lag. never have problems with the community. have only ever met nice people. and best of all its FREE. ive had times where i wouldnt have been able to pay a sub fee. so thats great.

- Game Graphics. ive seen both systems play with HDMI on a Big flatscreen LCD HDTV. playing the same game, they look near identical. however, i think the Ps3 has the potential (which ill admit they rarely use) to have the better graphics. MGS4 is a great example. one of the first games to come out on the Ps3 and it has some of (if not the) best graphics of any game on either console. if that game were on PC it would blow my mind. easily being ranked in the top with Crysis, Metro, and BF3. guarantee it.

- Game Selection. Not even a debate, Ps3 has waaaaay more exclusives then xbox. not only more, but thy are all amazing games. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy (ok not Ps3 exclusive, but Play Station exclusive for the most part), Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet and kin, Demons Souls, Uncharted, Resistance, Infamous, Killzone, Folklore, Journey, God of War, Shadow of the Collosus (Play Station in general), Starhawk, SOCOM, MAG, Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles, The Last of Us (upcomming) The Last Guardian (upcomming) and the list goes on.

- Personal Favorite. i think it goes without saying at this point. i just prefer the Ps3 because of all the reasons listed above. someone mentioned controller, and im biased as ive always used a Ps3 one, and as such i do prefer it to the xbox controller. xbox's is just too big to be comfortable for me. (at least without continuous use and getting used to it. talking more right off the bat, small amounts of usage) im just used to the Ps3 controller and prefer it. for any game. FPS, RPG, etc. doesnt matter.

- Only System I Own. Besides PC ofc, i havent ever owned an xbox nor do i plan on owning one nor a 720 as of now. 360 just doesnt have the game selection to warrant me buying it. it has like 2-3 games id want. ive owned a PS1 and PS2 as well as the PSP. and who knows maybe a Vita some day once i feel like its cheap enough. im a Playstation fanboy. im a rational one though. i recognize the xbox as another console. i dont just start flame wars and troll about systems. but i have my reasons why i like my system more and why i dont like the other systems.

PS3. Now you can also delve into the handheld consoles which would give you another 2 to deal withbut handheld consoles SUCK.

I just don't like how you have to pay so damned much on xbox just to play online or use netflix. that BLOWS.

Also my brother has the 360 I have ps3 we hooked it up to our 42" HD LCD tv and my ps3's graphics look better.

The thing I like most is System Durability. Sure, The Wii doesn't have the best graphics, and it can be hard to control sometimes, however, I've found it to be much more durable than the 360 and the PS3.

Currently, The problem with my 360 is that the disk tray will not open. I know I can get it fixed for about $60-$80, But I'm going to wait and see if the newest version of the 360 has any improvements in it before I decide to replace or repair it, (Probably replace it.) My PS3, on the other hand, (A 40 GB PS3), Has a power issue in which it takes it 20 minuets or so to start up properly. I don't think I'll replace it any tine soon, either. Maybe when it's about $150 for a used, newer model.

PS3. The console's hardware is still pretty good, and the 360 restricts it's full potential. PS3 exclusive games like InFamous can run on High quality, whereas the Xbox has trouble on Medium.

Good thing I know how to make it run faster. A secret I jealously guard.

The PSN is also free. :)

PS3. The console's hardware is still pretty good, and the 360 restricts it's full potential. PS3 exclusive games like InFamous can run on High quality, whereas the Xbox has trouble on Medium.

Since the only way to make it "run faster" is to extensively modify the OS, or the Hardware on the PS3, and according to this console modding, the discussion of is against the rules of nexus, I'm going to be nice and give you 24 hours to clarify this comment. Which is mighty nice of me since this now the third time you are being warned about your choices in posting material.

Since the only way to make it "run faster" is to extensively modify the OS, or the Hardware on the PS3, and according to this console modding, the discussion of is against the rules of nexus, I'm going to be nice and give you 24 hours to clarify this comment. Which is mighty nice of me since this now the third time you are being warned about your choices in posting material.

Lol, it's not hardware modding or anything. It's keeping the system clean. The hotter the system, the slower it loads.

Ever notice how good the system is when you first buy it? It slowly collapses in performance because of dust buildup and other... uhh.... "dirt" that gets inside. If you keep a PS3 cool, it actually runs faster. I clean the fans, the disc trays, the motherboard, etc, and keep a fan on it (three, actually) and leave it off for 15 minutes every two hours for cooling times.

I also upgraded the HDD, which was introduced by Sony. The HDD features an easy upgradable design, and you can use more memory during performance through a PC, which was also introduced by Sony. HDD modifiying is ok, last time I checked. I upgraded when the concept was first introduced (recieved the information though my PSN newsletters).

Other than that, I have not changed anything in the system. Well, except the video card....

And I will explain that one. I own a slim PS3, and it's graphic card was so uhhh... "off the edge" it fried the first three days, with cooling. Sent it into Sony and they replaced the card with the card from the "phat" PS3. I didn't do that, and if it's illegal, well, then Sony is clearly trying to get me arrested or something. Not the only person who had this happen either. The cards have little difference. One just fans better than the other, so it's harder to kill. I see no trouble in the switch either way, they both have maybe 4 differences that are extremly small.

I've never done anything illegal to my console. A friend did try to mod it up when I let him borrow it once, but he never did. The console is perfectly legal, the HDD and video card is different from a normal slim you'd find, but that's legal. I think the video card thing is, but like I said, Sony did that to me.

I do NOT, and will NEVER, support anything that will have punishment by law. I wish I could explain everything a lot more specifically, but I don't have my PS3. If I did, then I'd give all of the information and the specific details.

This is a thread on the official Sony PS3 forums about HDD upgrading. Just in case of anything there.

In all, I get increased performance. The video card doesn't affect this, but I just brought that up in case. My performance increase is maybe like this:

Skyrim loading- Normal PS3- Two runs with the image

Clean PS3 with upgraded HDD features- One and a half runs with the image

I don't know the exact loading times, like I said, PS3 isn't with me right now.

Edited by SubjectProphet