Which of the Three current consoles do you perfer.

Acebopata

44 members have voted

1. 1. Whis do you perfer

• Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • I like all of them the same
    • I don't like any of the systems
    • I've never used any of these systems.
  2. 2. Why did you chose your awnser

• System Duribility
    • Online multiplayer capability
    • Game Graphics
    • Game selection
    • Personal favorite
    • Only system I have
    • Other
    • I don't play any of these system
    • I don't like any of the systems

I'm tempted to put a Momentus solid state hybrid drive inside my ps3, i heard the loading times are insane if you do, especially prefer the 500gb models.

the hybrid drives are safe for the ps3, it locks to 5200rpm on its own.

Edited by Thor.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

especially prefer the 500gb models.

idk about in a Ps3 as idk if they have SATA 6Gb/s, but in a regular PC, the 750GB models are waay better. SATA 6Gb/s vs SATA 3Gb/s. double the SSD cache memory. 250GB more space. basically better and faster in every single way.

:thumbsup:

I would have to say the Wii is my favourite of the current consoles though the N64 or NES would have to be my all time favourite. The wii has smash bros and that is pretty much the only game I play on the console. I have a ps3 and a 360 and they both collect dust (don't even have a wii). I would much rather play PC LAN games but once in a while it is really enjoyable to have four people sit down on a couch and have a game of smash bros :happy: .

The PS3 is the only console worth my time this generation.

1. Single-best durable hardware of this generation, hands-down and proven.

2. I've played multiple multi-platform games, and the only ones that have performed or looked better on the 360 were developed by EA.

3. Only 2-3 games exclusive to the X360 have ever remotely interested me while every other game I've owned on the X360 if not multi-platform, was available on the PC.

4. I will not support a console system where a first-party developer calls it the "Gamecube 1.5" system after release.

3. Only 2-3 games exclusive to the X360 have ever remotely interested me while every other game I've owned on the X360 if not multi-platform, was available on the PC.

This. i was talking about this with my friend, i was like name exclusives the xbox has... hes like uhhh Gears and Halo and when he couldnt think of anymore he said...thats like 7 games right there. i was like no thats two games with several more copies of the same game. also the only two games that have ever even remotely piqued my interest, but not even close enough to ever get an xbox.

This. i was talking about this with my friend, i was like name exclusives the xbox has... hes like uhhh Gears and Halo and when he couldnt think of anymore he said...thats like 7 games right there. i was like no thats two games with several more copies of the same game. also the only two games that have ever even remotely piqued my interest, but not even close enough to ever get an xbox.

Haha, yeah... I don't think either of those are actually exclusive either as they're almost all available for PC anyways. The only exclusives I really kept my X360 around for were Hexic HD (I still wish I could play the full game on PC), Hexic 2, & Over-G Fighters. (I also only kept it for FFXI for when my computer was broken.)

Haha, yeah... I don't think either of those are actually exclusive either as they're almost all available for PC anyways. The only exclusives I really kept my X360 around for were Hexic HD (I still wish I could play the full game on PC), Hexic 2, & Over-G Fighters. (I also only kept it for FFXI for when my computer was broken.)

Halo 1 and 2 are 360 and PC. the rest of the Halo series is 360 only, GoW was originally exclusive, but GoW1 no longer is as its on PC as well. GoW2 and 3 are still both exclusive.

I just bought a new Xbox 360S 240 GB, to replace my third Xbox 360.

Why I like the Xbox:

For me, it's brand loyalty-I cut my teeth as a gamer on the original Xbox back in 2001, and it was there I experienced many of my first, and fondest memories. It was here I made the transition from an after-school, Flash game playing casual, into the realm of hardcore games, and at launch, there were some beauties. Project Gotham and Rally Sport Challenge have stuck in my memory as two of my all time favorite racing games-they were far from realistic, or particular deep, but for 2001 they had stunning graphics, a decent selection of cars, innovative game modes(Gotham's Autocross-like Kudos Challenge concept would go on to be revisited in Dirt 3's Gymkhana mode) And for someone who's only previous experience had been top-down and two dimensional, this left a deep and lasting impression. There was also Halo, one of my all time favorite games, and a number of other games that won't be remembered as classics, but gave me hours of entertainment and forged me into the semi-pro I am now.

It was reliable too, my original Xbox still works, despite it's age. It starts up first time, runs smooth, and while it can no longer go online, I still occasionally dip into the pile of games I slowly accumulated for it, for old time's sake. In 2006 I bought an Xbox 360 at launch-I'd changed a lot in five years, I was now a teenager, and was starting to become a true hardcore-and I had spent some time deliberating what gen-seven console to buy. I'd initialy been tempted to buy a PS3, but the price was at launch, prohibitive(about $1K compared to $340) and it had a launch lineup that didn't really appeal to my racer/shooter prefferences. Thus I bought a 360. It was white, had a bottom spec HDD, and my initial thoughts on it were wholly positive-it's graphics at launch weren't amazing, not much better than late Xbox1 games. But for all it's lack of innovation, it felt solid, had a solid launch lineup, and I got two years of good service from it before it was destroyed.

Reliability and the Xbox360:

My first Xbox 360 died in 2008, killed by accident damage. I replaced it with an Xbox 360 Elite, a matte obsidian tower of power by comparison, with improved internal specs and a sizeable 120 GB removable HDD. By this stage the Xbox 360 had some fantastic games for it, Forza 2 and 3 were driver's nirvana, and Halo 3 had been a satisfying conclusion(or so I thought) to my beloved Halo franchise. Elite The First died of RROD after only a month. Being under warranty, I called Customer Support, and the woman advised me that it was almost certainly an inernal, hardware issue. My experiences with their customer support-at the time I was struggling through Dell's miserable service on an unrelated matter-was whollely positive. The tech I spoke to came across as highly competant, and managed to resist the urge to draw out the conversation to chalk up costs.

Elite The First was mailed back to Xbox, they checked it over, then incinerated it's carcass. Two weeks later a large parcel was delivered to my door, a replacement, a fully specced Elite identicle to the first. I'd expected to have to pay to replace it, after Dell had had me dragged out of there store by security guards I wasn't expecting them to actually replace the product, but they did, and Elite The Second lasted until last week, when it's disk drive broke after falling off a desk. The 360S remains in a box at this moment, however I have been impressed by the improved specs.

Would I change console?

Almost certainly, I'll buy whatever's the strongest platform with the games I'm most interested in. I have a real fondness for Xbox lineage consoles, but the PS4 is most likely my next console. I would however, never buy a Wii or Wii-U, as Nintendo's games don't really match my interests, and I hate waggling my arms around like a zumba dancer on crack.

Edited by Vindekarr

I'm very tempted on pre ordering the wii u, this time they are more geared for hardcore gamers this time. unlike the wii was with its gimmicky controls..

I prefer gamecube and ps3 :D again as i pointed out that already :teehee:

Edited by Thor.