Which of the Three current consoles do you perfer.

Acebopata

44 members have voted

1. 1. Whis do you perfer

• Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • I like all of them the same
    • I don't like any of the systems
    • I've never used any of these systems.
  2. 2. Why did you chose your awnser

• System Duribility
    • Online multiplayer capability
    • Game Graphics
    • Game selection
    • Personal favorite
    • Only system I have
    • Other
    • I don't play any of these system
    • I don't like any of the systems

ya but its a rarity. there really is no debate between 360 and Ps3 as to which system has had more durability issues. i mean RRoD alone has probably caused more failures then all Ps3 failures combined. the YLoD for the Ps3, while a real thing, was actually very rare and was only hyped up by 360 fanboys to make RRoD seem less horrible. out of all the people on my friends list, i think only 1 or 2 have gone through more then one Ps3 (and i think both are only on their second one) whereas i know several friends who went though at least one 360...and one friend went through seven! though the latest 360s havent had the issues of the early ones thats true. and IIRC, a RRoD ws replaced free of charge (maybe shipping idk) by Mircosoft, which is great, none of the PS3s have really had any serious issues. im still on my 5 year old Ps3 thank god!

ive never had problems with RRoD and only know 2 people who have, most problems I know of is with disc drives breaking, happened to me and 3 other people on my friends list, which one was his own fault because he put peanutbutter in the disc tray thinking it would fix something. As for the PS3 owner his disc drive broke twice and the power supply went out on it twice. so each console has problems it just depends what you want to deal with.

as i said, it was the early versions that had the problem. Microsoft rushed the 360 out, and as such, it was those first models that had the problem. if you buy an xbox now, you most likely wont have any problems. same with Ps3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally took delivery of my PS3 today, aswell as GT-5, Motorstorm and God Of War III(I wanted a good cross section of the good PS3 exclusives for a low(pre-owned) price, I got what I payed for X10)

Might I say, I knew it would be good, but I didn't realise how good. It's much quieter(almost silent compared to the howling Xbox) much easier to fit on a desk, and there's just something... ellegant about it. GT5 is just... ridiculously better than Forza, the controls are much more responsive and intuitive, the cars feel more realistic, and it's got so many more disciplines to play with, like Karting(which seems to be the most fun thing since the waterslide) I'm vastly impressed. :thumbsup:

The biggest surprise for me were the controllers, I'd expected the Dualshock 3 would be just like a DS2 with wireless, but it turns out they adressed the main reason I loathed PS2 controllers: they added variable imput triggers(a must-have for racing) And they're not that uncomfortable, I mean I'd rather a grizzlybear sized controller, but they'll do. Amusingly though, if I flatten my hand, and lay the controller across it lengthways, I can fit the entire controller in one hand, with the left triggers at my fingertips, and the right triggers at my wrist, something you definitely can't do with an Xbox remote. Best of all, they're rechargable, which means no more damn batteries.

Edited by Vindekarr

• 3 weeks later...

The Wii.

Nintendo is the only one of the big three console companies that hasn't employed awful business practices this generation (even though they did in the past with NES / Super NES).

Sony and MS both bribe and otherwise pressure devs to cancel or delay PC content, so I despise both of them and probably always will. MS is worse though for sure.

Edited by Zinthros

Out of all the systems.. Each has their good and bad points.

Nintendo Wii - I'd say this is best suited for many players at a time, family or friends, eating junk food and having a few beers, or wine if you're a lass, or a glass of coca cola if you're not old enough to drink alcohol. The selection of games ain't great since most are just remakes.. But nontheless, many are still fun titles.

Xbox 360 - I'd say has the best Online capability, with a more broad selection of titles to choose from.

Playstation 3 - Never played it online, the capability these days seems much more stable in all honesty. Looks great too, especially in a stand for a Samsung Black 50" 1080p television. Only reason I'd consider a PS3 was to play Metal Gear Solid 4 (and it's 8 Hours of Cutscenes)

Out of all of them. PC is better.