Weapon/Armour Mod Schematics

Rex419

Has anyone else missed the schematics you had to buy or find in past Fallout games so that you could make special weapons? Well what if that was back but revamped a bit to really balance out the weapon mod crafting that you can do so it feels more immersive to make a night vision recon scope through hard work instead of just getting 4 points in gun nut and science and can make whatever you want and have it be factory new with every specific detail to it for no reason. I also find it weird that guns that you could make in previous Fallouts canât actually be crafted and can only be bought and found when they were all clearly crafted by someone else. And if you did make them wouldnât it make sense that you would make them out of scavenged parts like a crutch and steam gauge assembly etc. in order to make a railway rifle that looks like itâs a makeshift weapon or a dart gun made out of a paint gun and a toy car. I personally enjoyed this aspect of the previous games and was very sad to not see it return and had to just pick up weapons and take the mods off in order to put them on your preferred weapon. If someone could make a mod thatâs compatible for XB1 where you have to find schematics in order to make weapons again. i.e. Pipe weapons, syringer, railway rifle, laser musket, handmade rifle, handmade shot gun, junk jet, missile launcher (because in my eyes it seems like a handmade version) baseball grenades, bottle cap mine, Deathclaw gauntlet, shishkebab and maybe even the power fist that would be great. Maybe adding a retexture or add mod option to have a makeshift version of that mod part that looks like it was made of that piece of junk you grabbed and put on it and work your way up to a vanilla version. Maybe change it so that in order to craft it you need that exact part and not just the base component like steel or leather. Like you actually need a baseball in order to make a baseball grenade or a motorcycle gas tank in order to make the shishkebab, I mean youâll have to add some of these specific and new pieces into the game because Bethesda didnât feel like adding them, but wouldnât it all be worth it to have immersion restored and not having to just use a mod that prevents you from making and weapon mods and relying on only finding them off of enemy weapons or buying a weapon from a vendor just to get that specific mod? I think it is and Iâm sure a talented modder out there feels my pain and would love to make it a reality and add a few things from past games to really complete the commonwealth that shouldâve been. Also having the dart gun back would be with dart ammo would be pretty cool too.

This would really be relatively easy to implement, just make the blueprints an item in the world and require it as a component when crafting. Then you can either make so one blueprint=one item and gets used up, or make so it isn't used up, but must be in your inventory. Or have it so picking up the blueprint adds a hidden knowledge perk that allows you to construct the thing in the blueprint, West-Tec Optics does something like that. Lots of ways to go with that. You'd probably want it reliant on AWKCR so things can be crafted at the actual weapons bench rather than a chemistry one, or make a crafting bench inherent to the mod itself. Having other items as components isn't a big deal either. The biggest bit of work for something like this would be modelling and texturing any new parts to scatter around the world.

I also agree overall that the blueprint system, implemented well, would have been a better method for crafting upgrades for weapons and armor.

Edited by jkruse05

West Tek optics is actually where I got the idea from. That and replaying Fallout 3 again. If anyone could find the time or interested in doing it I think it would really be an amazing fit in Fallout 4. I only ask that if they do that it can be ported onto XB1 since I donât own a working PC anymore

Must be in the air or something, I was thinking about how to best word a request just like this one. Except I wanted this extended to every craftable item in the game, just draw out the game a little bit more on survival I guess. Anyway I would definitely add this to my essential mods list if such a thing existed.

I agree it should cover everything. Schematics to make armor mods, Recipes to make food and chems, Blueprints on how to build generators. Some of these sound like they could just be skill magazines you can pick up around the world also and would honestly make sense if some of them were. You could buy armor and clothing mods schematics from Becky Fallon, weapon mods schematics from Arturo and K-L-E-O, Recipes for chems from Solomon and any chem dealer. And blue prints for crafting settlement objects could be part of the picket fences magazines as you find them and maybe add a few more around the world. Some found in raider encampments and some found with gunners. It just makes sense since I RP as a guy who literally just came into the world and experiences some serious shock that Iâm in a whole new world from my own. And then to be able to make your weapon into whatever you want from a typewriter and an adjustable fan with no real knowledge or experience prior to this. And perk requirements would still come into play since I see them more as comprehension and not really just an increase of knowledge. I have a lot of ideas I would love to implement with this, but again I have no talent, hardware or know how to do any of this

I can get behind blueprints for about 90% of things, but there should be a base set of settlement stuff that doesn't need it, like the base game shack and metal stuff. Anyone could throw together that junk. And the lowest level generator blueprint should probably be in Sanctuary or Red Rocket. Red Rocket would make a lot of sense.

Edited by jkruse05

For sure I think there should be a base foundation of things you could build. Like For weapons maybe the pipe pistols are the "base" foundation for the other schematics. And it might breathe some use into pipe weapons at the earlier levels, perhaps you could say the same for leather armor? I use Mojave Imports so I bet allot of those items could be considered base level, like the healing powder for chemistry?

Yeah, I'd say pipe guns for weapons, and leather and raider sets for armor. You could still require some schematics for higher level parts on those, but leave the lower and mid tier mods open so there's something available when you start.

I could, and would love to make this happen, but the scale of this mod is beyond what I could do in a reasonable time. You wouldn't see it until 2020 most likely.

Edited by jkruse05

If you were to actually work on it I would definitely wait that long for it, I imagine that when 76 does come out Iâll still come back to Fallout 4 just for that single player feel for years to come

I second that, not like I have anything else to do lol. It'll give me something to look forwards too.