The Barbarian Armor from the new Legend of Zelda game

WeissYohji

Now that I think of it, I think blending part of the top of the female White Legs armor with

OK I'll try and take a look at it this evening

And you're not the only one who's been tied up IRL. I work just as I'm sure you do, and I also have a pet parrot

Nope, not interested in getting into a pissing contest (especially with someone asking for a favor), simply explaining my absence.

LOL It's not a contest.

And thanks for the help. :smile:

Now that I think of it, adding the fur shoulder pads from the Great Khan armor onto the Legion football pads (at the tips of the shoulders) would make this mod match the original BotW armor a bit more.

Item weight? I think no more than 5 "pounds" should work. Maybe 10, tops, if we're to factor in the mass of things like the shoulder pads, to make it more realistic.

Edited by WeissYohji

Now that I think of it, adding the fur shoulder pads from the Great Khan armor onto the Legion football pads (at the tips of the shoulders) would make this mod match the original BotW armor a bit more.

Item weight? I think no more than 5 "pounds" should work. Maybe 10, tops, if we're to factor in the mass of things like the shoulder pads, to make it more realistic.

OK, I'll play around with it next time I fire up blender. If you could instead of editing a post, just make another post. Nexus won't notify if you edit a post, but the board's software will email me if you make another post. Then I will know to look at it.

I didn't want to double-post, hence the edits. Didn't want to make it look like I bumped my own thread. And they were also spur-of-the-moment edits. I did so as the ideas came to me. I haven't been looking at the armor/clothing list in the Fallout wiki for nothing.

Don't mistake that for board noob talk. I've actually been on here since 2010 but took the longest break from the Nexus boards. I bought New Vegas back in 2011, played it for a little while, then took the longest hiatus from that once Valve made Hat Fortress free to play. Got back on New Vegas a couple years ago and have been hooked ever since. The fact that people are still playing, modding, and debating about this game shows what a great job Obsidian did. And thanks again for the aid.

EDIT: Just realized the shorts from the raider badlands armor with the loincloth from the Dead Horses armor could work just as well where the skirt would go! I don't know why I never considered that before!

Edited by WeissYohji

As for effects, I'm thinking of bonuses to Survival, Sneak, AP, Unarmed, Melee Weapons, and STR but not so much that they'd be OP. Probably +20 to each of the above skills and AP, +2 to STR at most. With the helmet, we could go with the same bonuses as SUW's helmet but also +1 to PER. Don't want it to break the game too much more than it already is. To be fair, though, New Vegas isn't as bad about that stuff as Oblivion before it.

ADDENDUM: Thinking of adding assets from Dead Horses armor to the leg wraps/sandals from the badlands armor.

Edited by WeissYohji

Nice draft, YanL. Like what you did with it, even doing things I hadn't considered. :smile:

Was that in NifSkope, Blender, or in the GECK?

Edited by WeissYohji

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed it would. I myself haven't been able to learn NifSkope and Blender due to work. I've barely played New Vegas as of late and currently I've only just now added Raul to the Mojave death squad. Shortly before that, I kept Elder McNamara in charge of the Mojave Brotherhood and f*#@ed the Powder Gangers over by siding with Ringo and Goodsprings. I've done Heartache by the Number and You Can Depend on Me to the point where you have to go get Cass but still haven't recruited her yet. I haven't spoken to The King and done G.I. Blues yet, much less Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog. I haven't been anywhere near Jacobstown or otherwise gotten the second trigger of ED-E My Love. And I still haven't so much as entered the Strip yet. I've actually considered trying a run with a battle rifle/This Machine but think it might still come back to ol' reliable Holorifle.

Edited by WeissYohji

• 2 weeks later...

Cool armor, this one.

A quick draft, to inspire anyone who will make this mod.

J4PjAez.png

Yeah, I'd say this is right on the money.

Now, what of the helmet? Any draft plans for that?

Now, what of the helmet? Any draft plans for that?

Existing assets would be a human skull (easy enough to barrow some horns from a critter to tack on) or brahmin skull (or if you remember something else in game). Then rig it and run it through Conformulator to create a egm for the headwear. You could add some faces for a cut skull, also might as well put the pony tails in as well so it's all one piece. Maybe even reduce the alpha since it looks like the hair is less wispy and more "solid" than most fallout hair styles. If you want I can try a mock up as an example, time permitting....