What does "purge mods" actually do?

folgore62

thanks for the info i did manage to fix some things by going to the saved gave icon in vortex and clicked restore saved game plugins it fixed most of my problems only one im having now is some mods take a few installs before working in game.

This is not a known game and I can't think of a reason why installing a mod repeatedly would make a difference, all installing does is unpack the mod into a separate directory. Please, if you can reproduce this, do so, then send in a feedback from inside Vortex where you attach your log files (there is a button for that).

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

funny thing is i tried the same thing to try and change fix some problems some mods would not install fully. after clicking the purge icon more mods dont work at all. they will show up in the files but not in game. one mod realistic waters two will now show up but it shows up in and wen i hit deploy it will not finish deploying.

Edit: I quoted the wrong reply and now I don't know how to delete this lol :psyduck:

funny thing is i tried the same thing to try and change fix some problems some mods would not install fully. after clicking the purge icon more mods dont work at all. they will show up in the files but not in game. one mod realistic waters two will now show up but it shows up in and wen i hit deploy it will not finish deploying.

Edit: I quoted the wrong reply and now I don't know how to delete this lol :psyduck:

That's what the EDIT button is for

• 1 month later...
Guest deleted34304850

Would launching while purged of mods be identical to closing Vortex and launching the game from the executable "SkyrimSE.exe"?

no, this is not MO2.

you don't need to launch the game from vortex. you can, but you don't need to.

if you launch the game from skyrimse.exe the game loads with all the mods in your data folder. if you launch the game from vortex - same thing.

if you want a mod-free game - you can do a couple of things;

1. purge all your mods - so emptying your data folder. - start the game - no mods.

2. create a new profile in vortex that contains no mods. switch to that profile, deploy (you're deploying nothing). start the game - no mods.