All of my mods disappeared for some reason.

Guest deleted3873983

Guest deleted3873983

Hello!

Everything was fine till today. I launched Skyrim Special Edition through SKSE64 and tried to load a save and I got a prompt about missing mods (all of then), so I checked Vortex. Everything is fine in Mods Tab so I go to Plugins Tab and I get an prompt to give permission, I was clicking to give permission, but it kept showing up and finally it stopped, but all the plugins are gone even though every mod is installed and also I checked the load order inside SSE and it's empty too for some reason. Plugins and LoadOrder txt files seem fine. I don't know what happened :confused:

Edited by arnsud231

The UAC prompt to give you admin permission makes me wonder. It shouldn't do that, and as far as I'm aware, Vortex will never do that by itself (correct, Tannin?).

Did you previously use or install ANY other tool, perhaps with admin right?

Vortex will offer to fix permissions if it encounters a file that it has to access but doesn't have permission to. This will trigger a UAC dialog.

"I go to Plugins Tab and I get an prompt to give permission, I was clicking to give permission, but it kept showing up and finally it stopped" is far too vague, the Vortex dialog tells you which files it needs to access.

And this doesn't come out of nowhere, for Vortex to be unable to read a file, another tool has to have been run as administrator to "steal" the permission.