Fo4Edit error checking and Wrye Bash save files

Cosmocrack

Hey everyone, I have frequent CTDs in my game. I won't deny that my modlist might be a little big (205 active mods) but everything plays quite nicely. Sometimes though I get random (I coulnd't find any pattern) CTDs.

Now I loaded up Fo4Edit, my files are cleaned and everything is gucci, but when I go for 'Check for Errors' there seems to be quite a bit wrong. Mainly it seems to be that I have empty FormID-References. I have seen videos about cleaning them all one by one, my questions now are:

1. Should you even clean those errors? (Intuitively yes, but is it really such a big hazard for the game?)

1.1 If yes, is there a smooth way of automating the deletion of those references?

1.2 If no, any suggestions what could cause random CTDs? (Long playtime, file corruption?)

And for my next point, I am using Wrye Bash aswell and optimized my loading order, then I checked my save files (the mods are all green) and they all appeared either red or orrange.(I am not too familiar with WB at this point) My questions here are:

2. Is that an indication of why 1. happens?

2.1 If yes, how can I see the reason? And how to I get my save clean again?

2.2 If no, what would the general interpretation of those save file colors be?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

What does an empty FormID-References look like? That's not a term I usually refer to. Just tomato tamato.

1. You clean mods to remove ITMs and UDRs. Users can do that themselves, but usually you should leave it to the author. If you do it yourself there is nothing wrong with that, I do it to my mods, but just be aware that you need to know how mods work in case something happens.

1.1 No clue because of the vocab usage of empty FormID-References.

1.2 You can't say, I have 250 mods, I cleaned them with FO4Edit but I randomly CTD, any ideas?

For 1.2 I remember getting a CTD trying to use the chem lab in sanctuary on a save game. There was no way to fix it. Eventually after updating my mods and starting a new game I was able to use the chem lab just fine.

Wrye Bash

2. Because people think that there is a load order for your mods, one for xEdit, and one for save games, and that they are all the same. Nope. So yes you have a load order by adding things to plugins.txt. However, Bethesda just added a block of data to the save game header for ESL files. So no matter what you see in game the save header is saved with all ESM and ESP files first up to FD, and all ESL files regardless of CC or personal or nexus download is just tossed into the header in alphabetical order.

2.2 Don't interpret them for ESL files. Their meaning is in the documentation.