We're never getting a First Person camera mod, are we?

UlyssesSinclair

Does it not occur to peeps making requests here that certain things may be effectively IMPOSSIBLE with Fallout 4?

Fallout 4 works on a 'wing and a prayer'. An engine actually taken well beyond breaking point. Even Beth knew this iteration of their ancient engine wasn't fit for purpose, but for various internal reasons (most which had to do with originally designing the game for the PS3) made do with it.

So Fallout 4 uses many HACKS that make mods seen for older Beth games far more difficult.

A "see your body" mod would work when it works- and most of the time would look terrible. Modders HATE the negative feedback they get when certain peeps expect perfection. So then the modder would need to fix the rogue cases, which means fighting the game hacks.

But it gets WORSE. Body mods and clothing/weapon mods that so many peeps use would not be compatible. And most good modders run their Fallout 4 with other good improving mods. So you'd need a very good modder who thinks using vanilla Fallout 4 worthwhile. Not a likely combo.

And no really good SYSTEM/coder modder liked Fallout 4 to the degree to make the same effort seen in Fallout 3 and Skyrim (with a few notable exceptions).

Sorry, the advice for Fallout 4 gamers is to accept the game for what it is. Plenty of good 'cosmetic' mods exist. iNPC adds some excellent new content. But the form and mechanisms of Fallout 4 are pretty much set in stone, because of the very cruddy engine.

they have one on xbox called "see your body"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The game is built for 1st person actually, not 3rd person. Many interactions are extremely clunky in 3rd person or simply don't work. Some items on shelves cannot be picked up in 3rd person for instance, only in 1st person. Also, something may seem "hittable" in 3rd person and then you hit a wall. Switching to 1st person shows you a different view and your cursor is actually over a wall instead of the enemy. I myself play in 3rd person about 80% of the game and then switch to 1st person in certain situations.

the majority of people probably play fallout 4 in third person (on PC) - (i know i do)

Good lord, NO.

I'm on PC and I HATE 3rd person.

3rd person is a carry over from console.

At last - common ground. I couldn't agree more. I did start playing this three years ago on Xbox, and even then I played it in 1st person. 3rd person was great in '3D' isomorphic games, but not in today's real 3D titles. But then again, I am a person who doesn't give a molerat's arse about this 'cinematic' thing so many others seem obsessed with.

Not only does the game automatically switch between speakers in any scene (so you DO see yourself), but if you just switch to 3rd person you can see yourself just fine, so I don't even understand what the point of such a mod would be?