Hit or Miss

SnowFox35

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss ... you really have me Googling today OA. I will keep an eye open at the grocery store and maybe give one a try.

The next person to post spends time alone and doesn't mind.

Miss

New word in my vocabulary: defenestrate

Can that be done in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim?

Next person to post is about to get a lesson I learned about birds and crows.

Now I know that a mob is what a group of crows is called, what most any bird group is called, when they are gathered to defend their nesting area. A murder of crows is just what they are called whenever they are together. Like today.

The crows crowded :teehee: the branches on the pine tree in my yard, one repeated the same sound over and over, until the closest to the bird seed saw it was all clear on the ground across the street down by the end of the pavement where the road turns to dirt. The crows watched whatever was at the end of the road until it left, so it was safe for their Murder to move in.

I watched from my screened window, the screen works just like a birder blind, and I watched as they waited until the big person or animals roaming about departed.

It appears the bird food that a woman nearby is tossing on the ground finally got the attention of the crows. After all these years there were only sparrows and mourning doves diving in on it. Just plain packaged bird seeds is all that woman threw out there. Now we have crows a calling in the morning. They've been doing it now for a week. But the last three days the call to their Murder has been sent out by one crow. It must have been watching for the gal to dump a pound of bird seed on the dirt at the end of the paved road. And just as the Sun rose high enough to warm the ground here the Murder of crows moved in.

The first two mornings I was already awake, before dawn. The last two days the entire Murder of Crows started gathering early in the morning. They may have moved in to an Oak treed area nearby.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hit.

During 3 months of 1973 Spring Semester the Military dorm full of Vietnam veterans and future officers taking their college training in advance of going to boot camp everyone in the dorm took part in evaluated the original structure of our U. S. o A. government. Comparing what we learned to the way it was being run Washington, D. C..

We clearly evaluated the fundamentals of democracy and the republic determining if we could exact a duplicate of the plan. We establish work groups imitating the House, Senate, Presidency, Justice Department, Surgeon General , Judge Advocate, set up a treasury, and several more departments were examined. Some of which were removed.

After operating to the exacted examples and setting it up as a functional government, setting it up and testing it in our dorm, what we learned from what we created as an example of the U. S. of A. Gov. that it did work in theory. We became the first Vietnam Veterans Org in Cheney, Wa..

The House Father sent our results and a documentation to establish the org as a GOV in 1973-74. The House and Senate both passed the documents and sent them to President Nixon who approved and signed it. We became a legal Gov organization for Vietnam Veterans. President Nixon and other members of the government did so without investigating beyond their own walls. While we did our research and extended our research to other colleges in California and North Carolina.

The Nixon Administration was coming to cut the ribbon and open Expo 74. Some security and debutants arrived in advance to welcome the young college students they surmised were responsible for the new Vietnam Veteran's Org.gov. When their entourage entered our dorm they appeared to be there on holiday. After meeting with a few veterans they came to the conclusion we were not children and were a serious bunch of young men. 22 to 64 years of age. All of us had completed our 2, 4, and 6 year except for two officer candidates who were in college before going to perform their active military duties.

Our purpose was to actively perform as a true U. S. of A. governed body.

We discovered they thought a bunch of children 18 to 22 years of age college students had created the Vietnam Veterans Organization to honor their parents who thought may be alumni at the college.

Sadly they changed the course of events which would have occurred at the opening day celebration of Expo 74 so the Vietnam Veterans organization did not rise into public view and gain popularity. Instead we had to grovel and crawl to get any further. Until we managed to connect with another established and officially sanctioned org. The Disabled American Veteran's organization.

Who would care if a small college group of Honorably Discharged 20 to 64 year old veteran's proved the U. S. of A.'s government if run the way we did it would flourish and have raised our country up as a more honorable and as a sanctified new world organization created by 20 to 64 year old Vietnam Veteran's in an attempt to regain some sympathy from the people and restore those of us who served to a fair status for being there for our country from 1960 to 1975.

The next person to post here will likely have no memory of the above history and likely not know that Australia and France did their best to aid South Vietnam before the USA was asked to police and train south Vietnamese citizen.