Photo

Hit or Miss

forum games games fun

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

Adventurer, Gamer, Want to be a Member of the Explorers Guild.

• Premium Member
  • 3,026 posts

Hit...

The next person to post likes to hug their family and friends occasionally.  At birthday parties too.

Oblivionaddicted

Oblivionaddicted

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Rather miss, hugging people is agreable but the only being with whom I'm demonstrative is my dog.

The next person loves the lychees.

Striker879

Striker879

YAOF ... just what the world needed

• Premium Member
  • 10,490 posts

Miss ... you really have me Googling today OA. I will keep an eye open at the grocery store and maybe give one a try.

The next person to post spends time alone and doesn't mind.

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

• Premium Member
  • 3,026 posts

Hit...

There is a bunch of crows moving into the neighborhood.  It never gets lonely around here, there are just pauses with all things considered.

The next person who posts will know what a group of crows is called when they gather in a group to defend their territory.

Striker879

Striker879

YAOF ... just what the world needed

• Premium Member
  • 10,490 posts

Hit ... a murder of crows.

The next person will know why crows got their reputation.

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

• Premium Member
  • 3,026 posts

Hit ... It's one of the old tales I have read.

The next person will know that the crows are of the species Corvid. 

Oblivionaddicted

Oblivionaddicted

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Hit

The next person loves to defenestrate his/her enemies in the video games.

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

• Premium Member
  • 3,026 posts

Miss

New word in my vocabulary: defenestrate

Can that be done in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim?

Next person to post is about to get a lesson I learned about birds and crows.

Now I know that a mob is what a group of crows is called, what most any bird group is called, when they are gathered to defend their nesting area.  A murder of crows is just what they are called whenever they are together.  Like today.

The crows crowded :teehee: the branches on the pine tree in my yard, one repeated the same sound over and over, until the closest to the bird seed saw it was all clear on the ground across the street down by the end of the pavement where the road turns to dirt.  The crows watched whatever was at the end of the road until it left, so it was safe for their Murder to move in.  

I watched from my screened window, the screen works just like a birder blind, and I watched as they waited until the big person or animals roaming about departed.

It appears the bird food that a woman nearby is tossing on the ground finally got the attention of the crows.  After all these years there  were only sparrows and mourning doves diving in on it.  Just plain packaged bird seeds is all that woman threw out there.  Now we have crows a calling in the morning.  They've been doing it now for a week.  But the last three days the call to their Murder has been sent out by one crow.  It must have been watching for the gal to dump a pound of bird seed on the dirt at the end of the paved road.  And just as the Sun rose high enough to warm the ground  here the Murder of crows moved in.

The first two mornings I was already awake, before dawn.  The last two days the entire Murder of Crows started gathering early in the morning.  They may have moved in to an Oak treed area nearby.

Oblivionaddicted

Oblivionaddicted

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Let's say hit since I've never carefully watched the birds' life.

The next person understands the separation of the powers is THE fundament of democracy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum games, games, fun

Page loaded in: 1.080 seconds