Classic isometric view

zalteredbeastz

Hi. I'm probably alone in this but It's been quite a while since I'm dreaming of an isometric view mod for the 3D era Fallout's. I saw some pictures of FO4 some years ago in that perspective, and I loved the results. The isometric view in that engine can be gorgeous and very detailed.

I'm aware that it will only works in outside areas. But I think it worth a try. Maybe just configure a hotkey to switch between camera views when necessary or something like that.

What do you think ?

what_if_fallout_4_was_isometric__by_opys

Fallout-4-Isometric.jpg.optimal.jpg

5394-3-1461337132.png

http://team102.ru/files/cooke/2583/f3.jpg

1412112081989691205.jpg

1441174277_284053681.jpg

No, you are not alone, It would be awesome, but probably also a nightmare to program and script, or even beyond the engine to do stuff like fading when walking under things.

I also suspect isometric games in many cases are in 'one plane' but made to look like you can use stairs and have difference in heights and so on, i don't know if the 3d modeled world of fallout4 would handle that very well. Like, how would aiming work? And how would aiming work if there was a height difference?

I won't say it is impossible, because someone is probably gonna prove me wrong, but a monumental task at least.

You can get something like it by setting the third person view really far, but it does not convey the isometric feel.

Edited by Arneercool

• 3 years later...

Hi yah i had to dig this up, because I was looking for something sort of like this as a mod.

I think it would be great, but it would be probably NOT possible to implement a 1:1 gameplay mod using this without having access to the source code. It just seems like one would have to rewrite core code and that would be a pain, however I do have an idea for a mod that will be similar but I'm not sure if it will work.

Edited by Albertcole1997