Can't install more than 210 mods. Plz help

SouthAsh1

Ok I when I updated my game to the latest version my game would crash about 10 sec into the main menu (thanks bugthesda for no crash logs) but after about a week of research and experiments I figured out that installing anymore than 210 mods crashes the game for some reason any less mods I can play the game with no problem now I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone has something to try please let me know.

If you are using a newer version of NMM (see github for the latest), check the plugins tab right now, keep in mind esl files don't count on the 255 mod limit. I suspect a mod you have installed has some extra esm or esp files connected with it. If so, the plugins tab will tell the tale and you can look into how many of those mods are no longer updated or stand alone. Those are prime candidates to be merged so as to free mod slots. Do be careful when doing that though.

Other possibilities go to your computer setup, maybe a setting or a mod is just a bit too taxing for your system, do post the mods and system specs involved and we may see something that could be causing your issue. Also make sure you are using the unofficial patch mod, as that is a must for this game.

If you are using a newer version of NMM (see github for the latest), check the plugins tab right now, keep in mind esl files don't count on the 255 mod limit. I suspect a mod you have installed has some extra esm or esp files connected with it. If so, the plugins tab will tell the tale and you can look into how many of those mods are no longer updated or stand alone. Those are prime candidates to be merged so as to free mod slots. Do be careful when doing that though.

Other possibilities go to your computer setup, maybe a setting or a mod is just a bit too taxing for your system, do post the mods and system specs involved and we may see something that could be causing your issue. Also make sure you are using the unofficial patch mod, as that is a must for this game.

My system specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zJf66s

case is a caselabs case if you were wondering

Only a couple of mods had merged esps but not enough to go over the limit, other than that I'm no where near the limit. I know that esl don't count. Everything was working a couple of updates ago but after I updated the game, F4SE, all mods connected to F4SE, and all of the other mods now it doesn't work with more than 210 mods and yes I have tried many different combinations of mods all resulting in the "210 limit." And using NMM version 0.65.2.

And is there a way to copy and paste the mod list? Because I really don't want to type all of them out.

Also side note, I've recently downloaded Mod Organizer and have been trying to learn that so Idk if that would cause some conflicts with NMM and if so how do you completely remove it?

Edited by SouthAsh1

My system specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zJf66s

case is a caselabs case if you were wondering

Only a couple of mods had merged esps but not enough to go over the limit, other than that I'm no where near the limit. I know that esl don't count. Everything was working a couple of updates ago but after I updated the game, F4SE, all mods connected to F4SE, and all of the other mods now it doesn't work with more than 210 mods and yes I have tried many different combinations of mods all resulting in the "210 limit." And using NMM version 0.65.2.

And is there a way to copy and paste the mod list? Because I really don't want to type all of them out.

Also side note, I've recently downloaded Mod Organizer and have been trying to learn that so Idk if that would cause some conflicts with NMM and if so how do you completely remove it?

In NMM just click the button on the left that looks like a Right Pointing Arrow and that will export the load order.

Post it here in SPOILER TAGS.

Also, if you're using two mod managers that implement mods two different ways, expect some problems.