Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Just tried Rougetech, but i dont like the battle system :(

DrZo1dberg

I dunno, if anyone still play this mod, the forum is pretty silent. I just tried Rougetech, but i have bad feelings about it. The starmap, the mission system, the variability of weapons and mechs are awesome. Too bad i dont enjoy the battles. It seems to me that it goes always the same way, i look after the best spot to move to stack more evasion and get the best chance to hit. At first contact i try to kill some early solo enemy, and after the battle always going into pretty messy way. No traps, no lines to hold. I dont like that mechs can fire after running, the big movements, the lack of brace after fire. In vanilla i made traps, i could use the terrain advantages, in this seems more important to get the evasion stacks than hide, advance from right direction, and so one.... I know in vanilla brace and guard was too powerfull, but in this i just cant feel im in a mech battle. i missed the precision shot too, dunno if its on the talent tree still. It s more like a chess to me with simplificte rules. I know i shouldnt search the reality in a turned based strategy, but i feel more atmospheric the battle in the vanilla game. Too bad i cant play vanilla style battles with vanilla talent tree on this map and with this mechs :sad:. Appart from these things, thanks for this mod.

Edited by DrZo1dberg

Not going to comment on balancing, because that's more acquired taste than anything imho.

But to the question if anyone is still playing RogueTech: YES

Yesterday roughly 4150 people downloaded the last Alpha.

I don't know how many stuck with the last release-version though.

So yeah, RogueTech is alive and kicking.
The reason why you haven't seen anything of that, might be because you apparently don't know the RogueTech-Discord channel:

#roguetech

I've been on Discord only for a few days myself and so far the chat is pretty much moving 24/7

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The Rougetech mod attempt to make the game close to the tabletop battletech.

Anyway, I prefer the Rougetech combat system over the vanilla version as the vanilla combat system make the light mech basically useless. In Rougetech, light mech actually had a chance to survive when encounter a heavier mech... with speed, terrain and some upgrade, it's very difficult to hit a light mech especially if your mech warrior shooting skill is not good. Actually, I hate encounter those speedy light mech in the early game when my mech warriors shooting skill is still low. Those light mech are just like fly flying around and mocking you... you know a few hits, those light mech will be finish but you just unable to hit them.

Have a nice day.