Win 10 - Optimize or Run in Emulation?

I recently got my new rig up and running but unfortunately was forced to get Win 10 instead of Win 7. I'm currently downloading mods for all my Beth games and see that many people are experiencing problems with Win 10. I tried to install FO3 from my old copy of GOTY and it just wouldn't do it so I went ahead and added it to my Steam games as well bought as the DRM-less versions of FO3 and FNV from Gog. The new versions at least install and boot up.

Before I go through all the pain of configuring the mods for the games I'd appreciate any advice on how to make this as painless as possible. i.e.- should I go ahead with running Win 10 as is or force Wiin 7 emulation mode?

I plan on running both Steam and Gog versions simultaneously for comparison/troubleshooting purposes as I believe the NTCore LAA will work with Gog.

I know I'm not the first person to face this so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Thanks but I never install anything but Windows programs and utilities on my C: drive, always have a dedicated SSD or in the old days a Velociraptor for my games.

What I'm curious about is Win 10, I remember that a lot of people had trouble with Beth open world games with Win 7 at first, although I never did. I'm not inclined to use emulation mode but am curious if any one here has run into any problems and if so how did they work around them?

I used NTCore on Oblivion and FO3 to avoid the loader hassles without any issues before although it didn't work with FNV because Steam always D/Led the original .exe.

Any intel?

FO3, and New Vegas run flawlessly for me on Windows 10, the only thing that doesn't work is the stutter remover, that'll cause crashes. The GOG versions of FO3/NV don't need to be made LAA, they already are.

Thanks Jim, that's really good intel and will save me time. So no more 4gb! Still, since I'm going to run my Steam version and my Gog version with identical (as possible) mods for comparison/troubleshooting purposes I'll factor that in. As well as pass the word in the respective comments section on Nexus.

BTW- Are you still modding? I've got a bunch of yours D/Led already.

Understand. Too bad. Your Island Home adaptation got me digging out one of my old ideas but I'm too much of a perfectionist to even finish anything because I always get too ambitious and end up in over my head! Maybe with a little more study...

I break out in a cold sweat when I think about making that, the Navmeshing was hellish, the camera would not behave indoors, it would keep going behind the stairs and upper walkways.

• 2 weeks later...