[LE] New to mod development. Had some questions regarding the creation of a grass mod.

As the title suggests I'm looking into developing a grass mod to fit my standards, and hopefully some of yours!

Some backstory: I recently installed a new mod setup and was never fully satisfied with a lot of the grass mods present on the nexus, even with a ton of tweaking. Verdant, Veydosebrom, Voluptuous Grasses, SFO, I've tried them all. Don't get me wrong, they are all fantastic mods. But with most of them I always found something that didn't quite fit my personal tastes(varying quality of grass in the different regions, grass height, thickness, density, miscellaneous flower-cover, color, etc...). I'd love to take what I think are the best parts some of these mods and put it into one package.

I have zero experience in the development side of modding and wouldn't know where to start with creating something like this. I've tried to search for beginner resources but have had no luck and would love for someone to point me in the right direction.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!