I keep getting this infinite loading screen thing any advice?

System509

So New Vegas keeps on giving me this infinite loading screen thing where it just goes silent and never stops cycling through the loading images. Is there anything I can do like download a mod to fix it or maybe one of the mods i have is causing it? I'm fairly new to this whole mod thing so I thought I would ask.

That's a corrupted "save game" file. Please see the 'Essentials for Getting Started' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Someone "fairly new to this whole mod thing" should read the entire article.

Without detailed information, we can only provide very general advice. When you really need more detailed suggestions, Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

-Dubious-

That's a corrupted "save game" file. Please see the 'Essentials for Getting Started' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Someone "fairly new to this whole mod thing" should read the entire article.

Without detailed information, we can only provide very general advice. When you really need more detailed suggestions, Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

-Dubious-

Seems you were right. Every save file made before that one loaded fine but every file after it refused to load. I'll keep that in mind in the future, sorry to bring up something so common.