Actually supported Mod Manager - NMM or Vortex

pit3699

Hi all.

I hope, my english is good enough to describe my situation. And that i'm in the right forum.

A few weeks ago i wasn't able to update NMM v 0.63.14 or any installed mods. So i looked here and i found a thread where i could read, that NMM would not be supported anymore.
Here i could download a newer version as my installed, 0.65.2. But i can't update automaticly to it.
Before i updated NMM every week.

Than i installed Vortex. But this Mod Manager doesn't import all my activated mods from a special game.

But it seems to me, i need to have all mods download again in Vortex, deactivate, maybe delete them by NMM and have to install all new in Vortex.

Is Vortex the only mod manager from this both, which can log in here to update all mods?

Greetings Pit

If you read between the lines, the NEXUS currently has no "Official" mod manager. NMM is no longer supported and Vortex is somewhere off in the future.

However, DuskDweller and a few others have taken on the challenge of keeping NMM alive and well. You can find the latest release here: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, much to do and less time to play.

@ UnshodCobbler

Thanks for the link :-)

@Pickysaurus

No, it doesn't!
Vortes always says, there wouldn't be a VirtualModConfig.xml. But it is in this folder including all the names of mods i've installed.

Thanks for your answers.
With the next game, where i want to use mods, or the next new game in my actually played game i decide, which mod manager i will use.

Greetings

so guys which of the two is better Vortex or NMM, because quite frankly I'm not going to get into the territory of Mod Organiser. I've heard a lot of good about mod organiser unfortunately it's not really a noob friendly affair, so I'm keeping away from it.

• 3 months later...

so guys which of the two is better Vortex or NMM, because quite frankly I'm not going to get into the territory of Mod Organiser. I've heard a lot of good about mod organiser unfortunately it's not really a noob friendly affair, so I'm keeping away from it.

Vortex is definitely more noob friendly than NMM. I can wrap my head around the more "evolved" modding tools, but most of the time I'd rather not if I don't have to. I've tried almost all the major mod managers in the past and didn't really like using any of them, I just did because they were the best tools available. So far Vortex is the only one that has been quite pleasant to use, even though there are some minor annoyances I've had with it, but still it's become my favorite mod manager already. For some simple setup with couple dozen mods you shouldn't have any issues with it.

@Pickysaurus

No, it doesn't!

Vortes always says, there wouldn't be a VirtualModConfig.xml. But it is in this folder including all the names of mods i've installed.

Unfortunately, Vortex's ability to import is based on the state of your NMM install. NMM is designed it can get itself into a corrupted install state, in that state Vortex cannot safely import from it.