At this point in time, the main questline for this is complete.

Getting to the point, I am indeed making a sequel to Valley of Outcasts. If you're wondering what Valley of Outcasts is, y'all need Akatosh.

The first mod had it's successes: People enjoyed the combat in the first quest, really liked the voice acting (I didn't have that much to do with that, though. Mostly just good VA's with good microphones. I guess maybe annotating the lines helped out. I Helped!), and it didn't receive nearly as much criticism as most giant castle player-homes do. I believe this is because I had a quest and proper building recipes, with the intent to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different buildings.

However, I believe that there are far more faults than successes, and I am to fix them in Part 2.

First of all, no more radiant fetch quests. Okay, maybe a few. I hate fetch quests, unless they have some dynamic twist to them. Otherwise, https://youtu.be/CcSY19994xc?t=10s

Second, less Easter Eggs/References. Seriously, an easter egg hunt with Roadhouse699 is essentially me handing you a basket of eggs. It's immersion-breaking and cringy. I'll still do it, just not to the VoO extent.

Third, better writing in general. I don't actually write manuscripts for these things because I'm a walking clusterf*#@, but that doesn't mean they can't have compelling stories.

Fourth, better level design. There was too much flat terrain in the Jerall mountains worldspace I made, too much empty space in the citadel, and the Arkinzel Outpost was tiny as s***. All of that will improve.

So, you're probably asking yourself what you can expect. That would be larger dungeons, a more linear story, combat much like the first quest in VoO, a number of major player decisions, and more immersive world construction. Some other noteworthy features are two new companions (Wilaar and Marim if you played the first part), who can be recruited at the same time, resulting in Dragon Age-esque banter between them. Oh, and I'm making skill checks in dialogue. That's right. Skill checks. I'll give you a minute to go change your panties.

FAQ:

Q: What even is this? The main body of this post is just a bunch of incoherent bulls***.

A: A quest mod around the size of an official DLC.

Q: bulls***, Valley of Outcasts wasn't nearly as big as Dawnguard or Dragonborn!

A: I know, but I aim to make this one much bigger.

Q: Can you give an estimated release date?

A: Can EA and BioWare produce a game as good as the original Mass Effect trilogy or Dragon Age: Origins in the late 2010s? My hope is sometime before March 24th, 2019 lol I actually thought I could get this out my March 24th. Yeah give it until May or June. Voice actors have lives too, you know.

Q: You didn't have to answer that so cynically.

A: I have no idea when I'm going to release this. Last time, I said October 2017 and then January 2018, and when did get released? June 2018.

Q: You don't do any kind of manuscript? How the hell do you expect to make a remotely compelling story?

A: I mean, I can think about what I'm going to do for a quest before I make it. I already have a lot of plans for this series as a whole - I have a very good idea of what the many of the plot details will be and even some of the dialogue - it's just so much easier to do everything on the fly with the way making a quest works. There's so much dialogue that people don't even think about when writing a manuscript - I really have to praise mod teams like Beyond Skyrim for having separate writers and quest designers. It's always hard for me to listen to a person talk about their ideas for a quest or story in a mod without them having a good understanding of quests in the Creation Engine and Papyrus script.

Q: Speaking of which, I have an idea for this mod that I really think you should do.

A: Are you a voice actor or other member of the team?

Q: Uh... no...

A: Then to be completely blunt, telling me your ideas is futile.

Q: I'm a voice actor. Here's a sample of me talking like an elf or something. Can I join the team so that you fulfill my requests for content?

A: I'll probably need a larger voice cast for this, but if you PM me now, you'll probably be waiting MONTHS before you actually see the lines you'll need to record. I'm not ready to start casting quite yet. Plus, I'll already be asking a lot of voice actors who helped with Valley of Updates to return for this because, obviously, the characters from VoO will be in this mod.

Q: I'm not a voice actor. Is there any thing I can do to help?

A: Though I don't necessarily need it, having someone capable of making high-quality meshes and texture maps could be extremely useful. If an animator offered their skills... I'll put it this way: Good animators are the level 100 enchanted swords of the modding community. I doubt anyone of either skill set will offer their help, but I'd be overjoyed if they did. I'd also like to get someone to make higher quality trailers for me, because the teaser and the launch trailer for this mod both suck balls. And not it a good way.

Q: How long do you intend to make this series?

A: 4 parts, if I have the time. Part 3, in my personal opinion, will be the biggest and best of the series. I've actually made a very small part of it because I was bored this one time several months ago.

Q: You intend to make a high-quality, 4-part quest mod series by yourself, without the help of anyone but voice actors?

A: Someguy2000 did it for New Vegas. I really respect and admire him, you know. Even if his Youtube channel is videos of him shouting extremely complicated threats at elves and aliens into a microphone for an hour while he plays Mount And Blade: Prophecy of Pendor or XCOM: Long War. For those of you who don't know, Someguy2000 used to be in the Marine Corps, and I actually have his old Kevlar helmet sitting here on my desk. Every time I make a new quest, I kneel down in front of it and say, "I will finish what you started."

Q: C R E E P Y .

A: Wait, you actually believe that I do that? In that case, I'm having an affair with Trainwiz.

Q: TRAINWIZ?!

A: Yeah just look at his profile picture. We all would, don't deny it.

Q: What will the story in this be about?

A: I'm not saying anything!

Q: Are you going to completely neglect this post like you did with the last mod?

A: Probably.

Edited by Roadhouse699

Here are some CK Screenshots of what I've finished most recently:

1uczY4c.png

And a full view of the worldspace:

zbWdX5Z.png

For those wondering, I like to put large structures in separate worldspaces to avoid conflict with other mods and to make changing the navmesh less of a shitstorm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I read it... :sad:

I appreciate you.

This is looking great. I hope you find the motivation to see this project through :smile:.

Oh, trust me, I have the motivation already. And I'm working on it.

Please finish this...really looks interesting.

Literally working on that right now.

Sorry for the late replies, everyone. For some reason I didn't get notified.