How to: CBBE Bodyslided, Capeless and Hoodless Nightingale Prime HD Armor

K4kheops

Helpful Topic  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Was this helpful to you?

• Yes :D
    • No :(

Hey everyone,
There was a similar topic that was posted over 3 years ago by LucifKaiser. Seeing it didn't get any replies I decided to start a new topic because my end goal is different. I am also using a similar title because it is very SEO-friendly and I hope that this will help people out there that are struggling (like I did) to have it work.
For this setup, I am assuming that you have all of the requirements installed for the mods listed in this post. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about this. Please note that I am new to modding games in general, and I cannot tell yet if this setup is compatible with SSE or any Skyrim DLCs.
What I wanted to achieve
  • Vanilla Skyrim (version 1.9.32.0.8 at the time of writing)
  • Nightingale Prime HD armor equipped
  • Bodyslided for CBBE
  • No cape displayed
  • No hood displayed
How I managed to do it
  1. Install the Vanilla Outfits BodySlided (with HDT-PE) for CBBE mod and the Nightingale Prime HD mod. Select the default retexture or the leather alternative, they both work with this setup. Unless you want male characters (your character or NPCs) to have the capeless armor, do not follow instructions on how to hide the cape for either retextures. I tried them and they wouldn't get bodyslided properly in the end.
  2. Open BodySlide, select the VOBS group, the VOBS Nightingale outfit/body and your desired preset (I'm using CBBE Curvy). Before you click Build, check the Build Morphs checkbox (by the Batch Build... button) to enable in-game body sliders for this outfit/body. To remove the cape, check the ZapCape checkbox (should be located up top in the middle configuration area). You can check out how it will look like by clicking the Preview button. Click Build.
  3. For the hoodless part, I found 2 mods that got the job done: Helmet Toggle - Show Hide and SkyHide - Dont Show Headgears - No Helmet Mod. I recommend trying out Helmet Toggle - Show Hide first, because it is very granular since it hides your own current helm only. That's what I had at first but I think some other mod I have installed was interfering with it because my helm would always appear/disappear every time I sheathed/unsheathed my weapons. If that happens to you, try the alternative SkyHide - Dont Show Headgears - No Helmet Mod. This mod hides all selected headgear types from the game, including NPCs.
  4. Enjoy. Congratulations, you now have a bodyslided, capeless and hoodless Nightingale Prime HD Armor!

Here are some screenshots:

I really hope this was helpful to you in some way because you have no idea how many hours it took me to figure out this proper setup. Have a nice day!

• 2 years later...

I know this is one hell of a necro and am not sure if your even around just wanted to say thank you for this your guide was clear and easy to follow :smile:

Hey man thank you for taking the time to post here, I truly appreciate it!

I'm glad it could be of help to you :laugh: