Photo

Extremely slow downloads

connection download cdn problem issue speed download speed connection issue downloads slow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

SaltGin

SaltGin

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

There's same problem in China. couldn't getting over 16kb/s.

Tried VPS located in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Toronto and San Francisco, didn't work.

Xilyana

Xilyana

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Guess we will have to wait until morning. Er, morning for their time zone.

MrMason

MrMason

Fan

• Admin
  • 256 posts

Sorry about this guys, we're working on getting it fixed for you ASAP. We've had issues with a provider not renewing some services correctly which meant that one of our servers was very heavily bandwidth restricted. 

rossetto

rossetto

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Sorry about this guys, we're working on getting it fixed for you ASAP. We've had issues with a provider not renewing some services correctly which meant that one of our servers was very heavily bandwidth restricted. 

Thank you MrMason!! Seems like the downloads are normal again...  :laugh:

Digmone

Digmone

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Why are site downloads so slow?

Why are site downloads so slow?

santiagodraco

santiagodraco

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

So, is this still an issue?   Just bought lifetime premium and I'm still 1mb capped.  I assume it's unrelated but a bit disappointed that I'm having to suffer through slow speeds after buying premium :)

Ghost85100

Ghost85100

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I'm also getting this problem.

Downloading from Moddb and Nexus at the same time, Moddb on the left and Nexus on the right: https://prnt.sc/kgg8va

Downloading from Nexus on Edge instead of my regular browser, Chrome: https://prnt.sc/kgg9e0

I'm in South Carolina and I have 180Mb/s download, 14Mb/s upload.

120Kb/s max download speed. I'm not premium but this is well below the cap. I considered going premium and see if I could fix it that way but I don't want to spend the money and then realise that there is no improvement.

EDIT: I see that the admin responded with something about permissions, but someone else reported that it's been fixed for them. Is this a different problem for me, or is it just that the renewals haven't been handled yet?

Edited by Ghost85100, 09 August 2018 - 07:23 AM.

MrMason

MrMason

Fan

• Admin
  • 256 posts

If you download this file http://speedtest.nexus-cdn.com/1G it will give you a totally unrestricted download from your closest file server.

If you get very slow speeds from that then there's a problem somewhere that we need to look at.

If you get OK speed from that but your downloads from the site are slow then it's because you're being capped - non supporter / non premium users are capped to 1MB/sec - so if you're downloading 5 files at once then expect the 5th file you download to go at 10Kb/sec until the others are finished. 

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,116 posts

So, is this still an issue?   Just bought lifetime premium and I'm still 1mb capped.  I assume it's unrelated but a bit disappointed that I'm having to suffer through slow speeds after buying premium :smile:

Are you using a mod manager or downloading manually? Does your mod manager show you as Premium? If not, you may need to log out and log back in again.

Fyrcynn

Fyrcynn

Elusive Screenarcher

• Premium Member
  • 2,671 posts

I'm still getting stalling and slow downloads with MO2.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: connection, download, cdn, problem, issue, speed, download speed, connection issue, downloads, slow

Page loaded in: 1.087 seconds