NVSE won't work w/ Steam

Hi all, I've been having trouble getting NVSE to run with my Steam copy of the Ultimate Edition. Whenever I try to run NVSE, either from a Steam shortcut or directly clicking the exe in the New Vegas folder, I get a message containing either 'Program failed to launch: Error 51' or 'Application load error 3:00000065432'. I have tried running as admin, as a limited account, tried it with Steam online, offline, or completely closed, and I still cannot get it to work. I know that it's installed right, because I followed the directions, and it installs the same as FOSE. I get the same error when I try to run SKSE for Skyrim, but FOSE works fine for my retail (non-Steam) copy of Fallout 3. I'm still running XP (Money's tight, and I'm holding for Windows 8 atm), and someone told me that only XP computers have this problem. Has *anyone* had any experience with this problem? I have found zero answers doing google searches. Any help at all is appreciated; thank you in advance.

NVSE does work with Steam version of New Vegas, because all legal versions even disk use steam, same for Skyrim and SKSE. Make sure you install NVSE correctly, this picture shows where to install it crudely. Then either run from the NVSE launcher or FOMM launch NVSE Option.

The only files you need to install from the NVSE archive are:

• nvse_1_4.dll
  • nvse_editor_1_4.dll
  • nvse_steam_loader.dll
  • nvse_loader.exe

The "nvse_1_4ng" DLL is for the German "no-gore" version of New Vegas, so you only need it if you are running that version. The "src" folder just contains the source code for the loader and DLLs, and the text files are readmes.

K, well, I re-downloaded and tried to make it run by double clicking the nvse_loader.exe, and I got 'Application load error 3:00000065432' again. It's a normal windows error popup, and the window title is 'Steam error'. If I add it as a shortcut thru Steam (with community enabled) then I get the steam error

Steam - Game launch failed

Fallout:New Vegas failed to start (error code 51)

So really nothing's changed. I checked to make sure the directory wasn't marked read-only, etc. Here's all the logs, including one named 'pn_nvse' (Project Nevada...?)

nvse_steam_loader.txt

nvse loader 020000C0 (steam) 01CD3F5F591107C6
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime IAT = 00FDF184
original GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 7C8017E9
patched GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 02F815E0

pn_nvse

query
load
installed hook for conditionDamagePenalty
registered commands

Sorry, I'm just trying to find anything that might provide a clue to this error.

• 4 months later...
If you've got the nvse_steam_loader.dll and launch the game through Steam or any Steam shortcut to the game, it will hook into NVSE and launch NVSE along with your game. I have this directly from Ian, one of the creators of NVSE. So if it's not working, you've done something incorrectly.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...