Can't install a mod after purge on fresh install

Markylala

I came accross a problem where whenever I try to install https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15 I get an error telling me to rename the installer (EPERM: operation not permitted , rename 'S\..\..\..\..\Fallout 4\mods\Caliente etc etc) but that folder doesnt exist... I am now on a fresh install of FO4 and Vortex but when i try installing the same mod i still get the error. I've tried older versions of the mod. I also reinstalled both versions of vortex and I tried deleting AppData\Roaming\Vortex to try my luck but to no avail.

I started getting this problem after i used purge on the votex application then uninstalled the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap33844yxs9nhyl/Capture.JPG?dl=0

I'll try anything at this point thanks!

While I've never used Fallout, would guess it's the same problem as many other threads is showing, where the particular mod uses FOMOD-installer (giving you various choices) and selecting some of the operations points to empty sub-directories. As a work-around until Vortex is fixed, you can do:

1: Find the affected mod in Vortex \downloads\-directory, open-it with 7-zip and extract everything to a directory of your choice.
2: Go through the extracted files and directories and if you find an empty sub-directory add a text-file or something to this directory.
3: Create a new 7-zip from everything in the directory you originally extracted the files in step 1.
4: Drag the new file from file explorer to Vortex "Drop File(s)" on mods-tab.
5: Now try installing the changed mod in Vortex.