[LE] TES5edit Cleaning breaking NPC behaviour

I've made a mod that adds two new NPCs - a blacksmith and a general goods trader. They have their own custom factions as well as their own custom AI Packages (work, sandbox, sleep), and one has a locklist too. I tested them out carefully and was sure they functioned correctly.

I tried cleaning my mod with TES5edit - undeleting and disabling references, and removing identical to master records. After cleaning, my new merchants now no longer behave correctly, their schedule is all over the place, the shop is locked during working hours or they work through the sleep package.

So, it's quite obvious that I can't just use the built in cleaners like that. But, does any have any idea why specifically that's happening (is it removing something in particular?) and what's the best solution/work-around?

Thanks

This seems to me not like a generally cleaning problem. But I experienced myself broken stuff after cleaning with TESVEdit, but when I restored the backup and did it again, it worked fine like it should. But there's an issue with the timetable in Skyrim. If you wait or sleep more than eight hours (this value is more a guess, could be less or more hours) or teleport over distances that include a time passing more than these values, the timetable given by packages does not work anymore. In this case the game does not update the time correctly. I experienced locked doors when they should be open, npcs are not there when they should, working npcs are idle when they should work or simply do nothing. That makes testing a pain :)

Oh right I'm glad its not just me!

I'm not too sure what to do, do you think I should try cleaning it again and hope for the best? Or maybe I need to manually clean it..?

Schedule for Shopkeeper NPC:

8am-8pm - work in shop (unlock shop)

8pm-12am - go to inn and sandbox (lock shop)

12am-8am - come back to shop/house and sleep (lock)

Schedule for Blacksmith NPC:

8am-8pm - sandbox/work in outside forge area

8pm-12am - sandbox inside penitus oculatus outpost

12am-8am - sleep in bed in penitus oculatus outpost

Do you think there's a problem with my AI Packages?

Thanks for your response

Sorry for the late response, I've overlooked your post.

Save your work before cleaning and then clean again. You used custom stuff, so the cleaning should not affect anything you created. There are two possibilities to set the time in a package: Through the schedule tab or with conditions. You can use GetCurrentTime >=8 and GetCurrentTime<=20 conditions for your working package.

I guess you did nothing wrong, just the game can't update the time properly. I have five npcs in Whiterun that have several packages with different schedules. Two of them should go for a ride on weekends afternoon and return at six pm to the Bannered Mare. At weekdays they should work or go to the market. When I teleport to Whiterun, nobody is where they should be to a certain time. I test always on a new game and use Live Another Life. I always arrive at sunday, I guess this time is set from LAL and breaks the timetable of my npcs. But when I go by foot or horse to Whiterun, all work fine. Try a new game without using an alternate start mod (there are saves here on nexus so you don't need to go through Helgen Intro) and then go to the location you need to test without waiting more than six hours, without teleporting and don't sleep more than six hours. All should work like you intend.