Whiterun CTD's

GirlGamer55

Ok

you mentioned you have Lydia as a follower. Have her and any other followers you might have wait, and then do your traveling. See if there's any correlation between the two.

How recently did you install the realistic wildlife mod?

Are any of the manor or player home mods have located near whiterun?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems like if I have her wait, I crash as soon as I fast travel to Dragonsreach, when I used to be able to get there. So I can't tell if it's really doing anything since it won't even let me in now.

I think I installed that a while ago and no they are all pretty far away from Whiterun. But again I do have a modded Breezehome, but it's modded in the inside.

Since your first encountered this CTD, have you tried exploring other parts of skyrim just to be sure this issue is only related to whiterun and/or the area around whiterun?

Also, do you recall the latest mods you added or updated shortly before these ctds first began to appear?

I'v been so focused on these crashes that I haven't really gone to any place but Whiterun and Riverwood. It seems to be crashing when I get within viewing distance of Whiterun almost. I suppose I should check other cities but I haven't been to that many places in the game lol.

Yeah but I uninstalled all of them but my Breezehome one, only left that one alone since all my stuff is in it.

Just went to Ivarstead, Helgen and Rorikstead. No crashes at all. I actually got into a battle with a dragon at Rorikstead during a storm at night, so if I was going to crash, it would be at that point. Also my horse did finally catch up to me in Helgen..so maybe it wasn't the horses. Obviously its Whiterun and the area around it. But again, no idea of what the hell is going on since I have no mods that edit anything near Whiterun.

Which two were manuals?

Also, at this point, since so much troubleshooting has already been done, couldn't hurt to go through NMM to reinstall your mods to make sure everything is correctly overwritten if it needs to be. I don't mean to delete(red "X") but deactivate and reactivate 1 by 1. But if your up to it, delete then reinstall each one, one by one may be the more effective way to go.

For ease sake, I wouldn't uninstall all at once, just deactivate - delete - then reinstall. Then next mod etc..

I know, that was redundant, sorry

Edited by pandorax357

I can't remember which mods were manuals. I do know they had nothing to do with Whiterun though.

I don't really want to uninstall all my mods 1 by 1 unless you have no other ideas. I worry that I might mess my game up even more if I do that.

I get your hesitation. We can make that a last option.

I have a fairly lengthy mod list too, most I installed and/or updated manually. So i know how tedious this can be. Reinstalling everything has helped with issues before, which is why I suggested it. I am convinced this is a mod issue, a lot of times it is, which why I've been focusing on them.

Have you run any optimization, such as a texture optimizer or the Skyrim Complex Mod Optimizer? The latter of the two was the source of my most recent ctds, and I had to restore all my data files from backup to correct the issue.

On that note, what OS are running?

If its W7 or Vista(I think) - go to you skyrim directory, and right click the data foler- select the "previous versions" tab - we're looking for a data folder dated prior to your CTDs. -if there is one, open it up and compare side by side with of current folder. (OR, cut the current folder -move to a backup drive or desktop, and then copy the older version you have, paste into the skyrim directory) Load your game and see what happens. <- this method is faster and easier than comparing side-by-side)

*figured I'd mention both options and let you decide

Also, did you revert back to the last official version 1.5.26? 1.6 is still beta, and the optimization may have incompatibilities we don't know of.

Edited by pandorax357