Fallou 4 Crashes the minute I click in the Main Menu

MrManovar6

What the hell is it THIS time!?!?

Just earlier today, the game was working fine, the very last technical change I've done to it most recently was updating the Script Extender to 6.11 a few weeks ago, I'm doing Far Harbor, and all of a sudden THIS bulls*** happens!!!

The game suddenly just crashes the minute I click the in the main menu. It always starts with cutscenes like always, I skip those, the main menu says "press any keye", I press it, and PUM!! Back to desktop. It doesn't even say "Sorry it stopped working", it just straight up all disappears.

what the f*** is the f***ing problem THIS time!?!?!?

EDIT: Okay, just on a hunch, I disconnected my computer from the wi-fi, and suddenly everything is back to normal. With that in mind, I'm guessing the crashing was caused by Creation Club? Before, it always did used to connect to it in some way, EVEN THOUGH I ABSOLUTELY NEVER USED IT!!! Seriously, I never used Creation Club, I never even aknowledged it. What's happening, is that thing going through some kind of update? Is there a way to shut it down for good? I'm not sure I'm okay playing the game and regularly disconnect my computer from wi-fi to do so.

Edited by MrManovar6

Yeah, the CC causing instant CTD's at random is a known issue, unfortunately, with no workaround other than to disconnect from the internet; like you did. I didn't know what was causing it either, until TrollenBros made a video pointing out the problem.

Certain... ah... let's call them "overly enthusiastic Bethesda fans"... will often say "it's your ISP's fault" (it's a cliche accusation at this point), but trust me; it isn't. I went from one of the worst ISP's in America to one of the best, and the CC-related CTD's still happen at random. It's definitely on Bethesda's end, probably because their server pinged out or some bullcrap.

Yet another reason to hate the Creation Club and everything it represents. As if we needed any, with all the forced updates.

I tried blocking Bethesda's servers using Windows Firewall, but the game just resets them automatically. The only permanent solution I can think of is to find out the CC's IP adress and blocking it via the Hosts file, but I don't have the spoons to try something that drastic.

Yeah, the CC causing instant CTD's at random is a known issue, unfortunately, with no workaround other than to disconnect from the internet; like you did. I didn't know what was causing it either, until TrollenBros made a video pointing out the problem.

Certain... ah... let's call them "overly enthusiastic Bethesda fans"... will often say "it's your ISP's fault" (it's a cliche accusation at this point), but trust me; it isn't. I went from one of the worst ISP's in America to one of the best, and the CC-related CTD's still happen at random. It's definitely on Bethesda's end, probably because their server pinged out or some bullcrap.

Yet another reason to hate the Creation Club and everything it represents. As if we needed any, with all the forced updates.

I tried blocking Bethesda's servers using Windows Firewall, but the game just resets them automatically. The only permanent solution I can think of is to find out the CC's IP adress and blocking it via the Hosts file, but I don't have the spoons to try something that drastic.

I guess (hopefuly) just for now, I'll just play without the wi-fi. I'm kinda concerned, because I can't rememmber if other mods or the game itself relies on wi-fi connection since I got it on Steam.

But anyway, I'll still eagerly await an alternative solution. Still though, thanks for the response.

Game crashes piss me off just as much as they do other gamers, but I don't feel like pointing fingers and yelling at Bethesda. I have enough encourigement to hate them from fans who love Obsidian's New Vegas.