Player images in FO4 Nexus Page

BlueGunk

This is simply a person opinion, and a plea.

Please can we reduce the trend for angled photos of people? I know it was a photographic fashion back in 2000 but that era has been and gone.

I get cross-eyed looking at the Front Page for Fallout 4 with so many tilted pictures. It's really off-putting.

Whine over. Thanks.

I second that notion

I hate when I have to tilt my head to the side, or upside down in some cases, just to look at an image

I no longer look at these images and just ignore them

Both the tilted images and dark images are not a problem confined to FO4, but are prevalent across the image share. The dark images I can understand, since I have removed some images that appeared just fine on my computer, but darkened when uploaded.

Edited by M48A5

1 thing to understand about dark images is that every person has different monitors, so what may seem dark on some, will seem light on others.

example: IPS (In plane switching) panels, produce realistic shadows, thus making images considerably darker, but with more colour. (in other words, these panels produce much better black colour. thus making dark areas much darker)

then you have TN (twisted nematic) panels, which for the most part produce poor shadow quality, thus making images considerably brighter. (in other words, these panels produce bad black colour. thus making dark areas much brighter) - meaning black is more like dark grey, thus brighter then true black.

then of course you have many other panel types, which will most likely alter the image dramatically, such as OLED and HDR panels.

so i would assume that the majority of dark images, would be of people who have TN panels. since even dark images are clearly visible on these panels, not too mention TN panels are much cheaper, and have far superior input delay, thus making it ideal for fast paced games.

Edited by Guest

indeed,

eventually, ISO/Plannometric standards will be more norm.

I happen to like the "promotional poster"/"context render" which shows a particular configuration, usage etc of the mod.

(especially where it is a detail pane with OnMouseScrollOver which shows you the associated links to the mods used in that render!)

I prefer the Promotional Render to be a "Timelapse from Enduser Submissions",

so it shows many different possible configs as a timelapse, year per image index,

rather than a static 'poster'.

so, it'll be

Front, Side, Top-Down (IJK/XYZ), a 360 revolve vid, a panoramic vid,

and a Timelapse vs "Aggregate for the Item Category/Settlement Type".

It'll be a Standard stadia for the F-Stop, lighting chroma-key and distance etc...

Standards and Protocols take a while to emerge though...

The pre-visualization/pre-envisaging images with the PDS for a mod,

will be transparent, so as they can be 'stitched'/'overlayed' with different backgrounds,

to assist folks in pre-envisaging what mods they'd like to download.

This composite image can also be color-coded as a 2D-3D Decal Applique,

so that you can try and anticipate potential interoperability issues per your mod load order.

It's related to the VisualSimilarityReferenceIndex (VSRI) stuff,

and Game Modul's "Load Order Checker" awesome idea.

-----

It will save so much time spent installing mods you don't wind up wanting,

and futzing through menus and clumsy UIs hehe.

I look forward to seeing what other folks come up with,

and here's hoping that modders more consistently apply ISO Plannometric Standards.

The most viewed and endorsed screenshots tend to be of scantily clad females whose image is diagonal.

Don't forget about screenshots of guns. Nexus readers like women in bikinis and guns. If someone incorporated a Monster Truck, along with a bikini wearer holding a gun into a diagonal screenshot it would be well received.