Having an issue with Vortex installed mods for Fallout 4

Metallikat

So, I've used Vortex for Fallout 4 several months ago with no problems. I got a new pc setup, installed FO4 and got Vortex and my mods set up again. Problem is, I'm experiencing an issue with many mods installed through Vortex, that add items but said items are invisible. To give a few examples, the M1 Garand mod. The item is in the game, as in I can buy it from vendors, but when I equip it the gun is invisible and doesn't fire. Another is General Dave's Wasteland Walls. When I go to the settlement construction view and make my way over to the wall selections, the icons are invisible in the list and nothing shows up in world. Now it doesn't seem to happen all the time, some guns have shown up alright in the game, but many don't.

And I know this is a problem with Vortex, because when I install those mods through the in-game Bethesda mod workshop, they show up and work fine in game.

Edited by Metallikat

So, problem solved. I turns out some files in the FO4 install got screwed up, and was causing loose files not to load correctly. After having Steam recheck the files, it fixed them and now the mod files are loading properly.

Sorry for the accusation of fault lying with Vortex, just user stupidity on my part.

for some reason vortex does not let me move any mods up in load order. Also will not scroll up to top of page list when trying to set conditions.

• vortex version dated aug 3, 2018

edit- just got update 8/14, so have to see.