Feeding the Troops LOCKS Settlements from aqcuiring?

MrManovar6

Yeah, the title is pretty much my question. Just bare with me:

Because I'm getting tired of waiting, I used FO4 Edit to increase the consistency of getting the Minutemen Radiant Quests that lets you acquire those settlements so that I can acquire them sooner, and the only ones I have left to acquire is Greentop Nursery, County Crossing, Somerville Place and Nordhagen Beach. My editing on FO4 Edit seems to have worked, because at first I just kept getting quests that sent me to Bunker Hill (which I already acquired) and it was the quests expected: Greenskins, Ghoul Problems, etc.

Only NOW, I keep talking to Preston, nothing. I keep listening to Radio Freedom, nothing, it doesn't even send me to any settlements I already have.

So I'm thinking, what if I'm not getting the Minutement quest that lets me control those specific settlements, because of this quest "Feeding the Troops", which always randomly picked one of those? I haven't even started this quest. I spoke to Teagan, and I only shop with him, but I never, EVER even asked him about the quest, but did talking to him alone already locked all the settlements into readiness for completing this quest? If so, than I guess, the only solution is to do that quest and sacrifice a settlement (because there is NO f*#@ING way, that I am going back hundreds of saves back to fix this).

There SEEMS to be a way to regain control of a settlement with console commands, and its written on the Fallout wiki in the "Bugs" section: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Feeding_the_Troops

I am weighing my options.

What level are you at? Might just be the game being a jerk. In my current game, I was constantly sent to County Crossing and Finch Farm. Literally 20 times in a row, alternating between the 2. (Freakin' annoying!) Then it all just stopped. Granted, I only had 1 more settlement to acquire (Somerville) so not quite as acute as your problem. I'd constantly visit Somerville and talk to the farmer to try and trigger the quest, but just get random babble. By the time I reached around level 100, I just gave up. But, at about level 120, I was in the neighborhood of Somerville, dropped by and the farmer finally gave me a Greenskins quest.

TL;DR: have you tried visiting those settlements to prompt the quests?

What level are you at? Might just be the game being a jerk. In my current game, I was constantly sent to County Crossing and Finch Farm. Literally 20 times in a row, alternating between the 2. (Freakin' annoying!) Then it all just stopped. Granted, I only had 1 more settlement to acquire (Somerville) so not quite as acute as your problem. I'd constantly visit Somerville and talk to the farmer to try and trigger the quest, but just get random babble. By the time I reached around level 100, I just gave up. But, at about level 120, I was in the neighborhood of Somerville, dropped by and the farmer finally gave me a Greenskins quest.

TL;DR: have you tried visiting those settlements to prompt the quests?

I believe it's level 133. Have been building up my settlements so much I leveled up quicker. And I guess I should just keep fast traveling between place? Just keep going back and forth between the 4 settlements I have left to acquire and occasionally talk to Preston AND keep Radio Freedom on? Because I also tried doing the quest "Feeding the Troops", just to see if it will unblock the settlements or quests, and no, maybe I gave the quest too much credit, because it keeps sending me to Finch Farm, which I acquired WAY before the BOS even arrived with the Prydwen.