Wetness Texture

davejam

I've tried all the wet textures I can find and not really happy with them. HOWEVER, the in-game wetness texture that is applied to my character when it rains looks fantastic.

My question is what in the ini' can I change to make this always show??

• 2 weeks later...

If using CBBE I find this wetness/skin texture (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/search/) is pretty decent, but I cannot fully vouch for it as I have a conflicting mod (and I refuse to delete both of them because I like the effect the conflict has resulted in). So I don't always experience the benefits, but when first installing it lets you fine tune some things and might give you what you want.

But there might be a few ways to get your desired effect. Since it's already in game have to considered looking up a console command solution?

As far as ini, I'm the most experienced with editing them. Most of my ini edits haven't had much noticeable effect beyond reducing crashes.

My advice may not be the most helpful as I'm still learning a good bit myself. But these are the things I'd be looking into if I was after that effect.

Thanks for the reply. The link you provided was just search results so I'm unsure of what textures you're referring to. Yeah, I've looked up how to do it through console and ini edits but havent found any solution. The only thing I can find is how to to it through the CK, which I'm unfamiliar with and dont even have it.

I'm sure there must be an ini edit to make the in-game wetness texture always be applied, but I havent figured it out yet.

Also, yes I'm using CBBE.

Edited by davejam

Not sure why the link didn't work. It was supposed to be for "demoniac high quality glossy female body" etc etc. It has quite a few options and maybe one will be close enough for what you're looking for.

Not sure what the abbreviation CK means, so I must be even less familiar. But good luck.

Ah. I should have figured. I never really took notice of the games own wetness effect. Maybe its because I usually run low resolution settings. Either way, you've got my curiosity so let me know if you ever figure this one out.

Just for clarification for anyone else reading this...

I know you can edit how long blood decals stay on your character by editing the ini file. What I want to do is edit how long the wetness texture remains on your character after it rains.

Thanks to anyone for help.