Questions regarding my first mod attempt

StereoSky

Hi All,

I'd like to start all of this by first thanking everyone that contributes to this community--you all have my endless respect and appreciation. I just recently recorded an lp featuring heavy roleplaying and the narrative I built never would have been possible without this community.

The main reason for my post today, however, is the project below. Most of my Skyrim-related needs have already been met thanks to you all, but there was one mod I could never seem to find, and so I set out to try and make it myself. The idea here was to create a "disease" that would spread dynamically (inspired by the "Corrupted Blood" WoW glitch). It's supposed to consist of a magic effect that casts an AOE spell at the end of it's duration that would spread that same magic effect, and this process would repeat and essentially "spread" the disease. When the magic effect ends it's supposed to play a cough sound that varies based on the targets gender and remaining health percentage. You can see all of this in the comments written in the script below, which does compile, but does not seem to work in-game. I have a recording of what happens in game and am certainly willing to post a link to it if anyone wants, but basically what happens is the cough sound loops when I cast the Breath Of Peryite spell on myself and/or a target. Nowhere do I tell this sound to loop, so that alone is perplexing. When the spell wears off (after 30 seconds), the game CTDs. I realize a mod like this would be very script and memory intensive, but even still, I'd love to at least get it working as a proof of concept.

Another idea I had was to maybe make a custom faction, and a spell that added the target to that faction. Members of the faction would have a constant debuff, custom cough dialog, and negative relations with other factions. Only two problems here: this first is that I'd have to add a very specific new cure disease spell with a script attached that would remove targets from that new faction, as obviously no typical cure disease spell would "cure" them in this case. The second problem is I have no idea how to do all of this. I found a tutorial on making a new custom crime faction but not on how to add custom faction dialog or debuffs. I'd prefer to make the mod work this way, as if sounds infinity less game breaking, so if anyone could help with the custom faction stuff or at least point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it immensely.

Also, in closing, I'm very sorry if my format didn't adhere super closely to what is preferred or expected on this forum. I meant no disrespect at all, and I hope any deviations don't make helping me any harder.

All of my sound descriptors are set up the same way, just with different sound files.