NMM being unsupported - Does it effect Mod Organizer?

Taegar

I spent a long time away from playing Skyrim, but when I came back to it, it was months after the initial announcement that NMM was no longer supported. I wasn't sure how it would effect me yet, but I went to play and I particularly use Mod Organizer for all of my mods in my game. Once I loaded my save, I saw none of them were on and I was wondering if it's because of the updated info that Mod Organizer doesn't work for me? I assume it's because it is, but I'm not sure how to make everything jive again.

I'm inexperienced with seeing how these all mesh together, but I've seen at least a few tips back then to have the first setup work out, but I'm not sure where to go from here to play my modded game? Unless it means I'll have to use another program to play with mods?

Any advice would be really helpful, thanks!

I dug into when the issue started, and I believe it was after I changed me email from one to another new email for the login here. Now it won't log in with MO through the nexus and I'm not sure why when the name and password are still the same.

I dug into when the issue started, and I believe it was after I changed me email from one to another new email for the login here. Now it won't log in with MO through the nexus and I'm not sure why when the name and password are still the same.

Make sure you're using the latest version of MO. There were server changes a few months ago that prevent older version of MO from accessing the Nexus directly. If you're using MO1, there's an update to it available on the MO2 SSE page.

So NMM is no longer supported but somebody is still making unofficial changes to it or what? I'm a bit confused. And what software have the most support in modding skyrim atm?

NMM has semi-frequent updates as needed from a team of modders. They provide support on GitHub. The author of MO is now developing Vortex, but it also has some people who still tinker with it.

So the original premise that NMM is no longer supported is only true in that Nexus is not supporting it. The premise is untrue because support is still provided elsewhere.

Edited by Moksha8088

Make sure you're using the latest version of MO. There were server changes a few months ago that prevent older version of MO from accessing the Nexus directly. If you're using MO1, there's an update to it available on the MO2 SSE page.

I bet that's what it is, honestly. The most I did was look into the update version of the nexus, went to the settings tab, then typed in the number as per usual. Will I need to clean everything out and start fresh with the latest version? Scrap files of the original MO so it doesn't make potential conflicts?

EDIT ** - NVM I just saw the vid describing the steps to migrate. Can you tell I'm new at this yet? lol Thanks for the help though also

Edited by Taegar