Readme for individual mods?

tryguy

So, when you right-click on a mod in the list, you get a list of actions you can take. What about providing a way to open and place a readme.txt in the stalled folder that the user can use to keep note of things?

I seem to remember MO having that feature. You could jot a little note about what mods you should leave off if you have that one installed, or options you chose when you used the installer. It was useful. So, is this feature something that will come in time? Or something that's not even being looked at?

If not mistaken if you on the mods-tab opens-up the dialogue showing some information of the selected mod on the right for any installed mods you can type-in whatever you want in the last dialogue, the one showing "Multiple values" if you've not typed anything.

As for incompatible mods, or mods requiring another mod, the easiest is to on the mods-tab create one or more Dependency-rules. For mods showing the lightning-bolt you can choose the "incompatible with" option, but it's also possible to select the icon in the "Dependencies"-column of one mod and drag to another mod of your choice and create a new rule including the choices "Can't be loaded together with" or "Requires".

After you've created one or more rules, if you're violating one of the rules the Dependency-icon is red and you'll get a warning-message about "Some mod dependencies are not fulfilled".

On thing I don't like about defining these rules is that when you uninstall/reinstall the mod for whatever reason, the rule itself disappears. I'd find it a lot more convenient if it did retain the rules, and then put them back or offered them to me, saying that these rules were last used for this mod... do you wanna use them again?

I imagine any "notes" I make will be similarly deleted should I uninstall the mod. I can't say why I uninstall mods. But, I have done that again and again with some of them, losing the rules each time and having to redo them all again.

I think it was before I found the "reinstall" right-mouse click on the mod. I haven't used that yet, since I only just found it the other day or so ago. But, before that I was uninstalling things to probably get the same effect.