When I put the Grey Warden Scout hood on anyone, it causes the top of that person's head to disappear.

1. Can I buy a vowel: Is there a likely a common mod conflict that causes of this behavior?

2. Is there just a mod fix out there?

3. Is there a hood re-texture out there that makes the arcane hood and scout hood look different when wearing them? Right now they look the same in mine.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

It's hard to offer much in the way of help without the name of the mod that is troublesome, and a list of other mods that are installed. :ermm:

Taking the above into consideration (i.e., I'm pretty much guessing here), if it is the Grey Warden Scout hood from Grey Wardens of Ferelden, there is a known Item Variation conflict with the mage mask from tmp7704's qunari update, which is also used by Makara's Kossith AddOn, IIRC. (Modding protip: the best way to research those kinds of conflicts is Valerie1972's Item Variation Spreadsheet.

I'll check my backups in case that is the conflict, though I don't think I have my personal fix for the issue any longer - I deleted most all my Dragon Age files when I stopped playing Bioware games - but there is a link in my sig to instructions on how to resolve ItemVariation conflicts.

ETA that I did find the fix I made, but it's not share-able here on the Nexus since it includes an edited UTI for Makara's mod. (Modder's permissions are important! :yes:)

Edited by theskymoves

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Thank you. I think it is the tmp7704 Qunari update.

I see the behavior with the rouge warden in the first fade encounter, when an NPC or player gets a warden hood, and Riordan but only when I first meet him.

did you ever figure out what file in the update it was?

Thank you. I think it is the tmp7704 Qunari update.

I see the behavior with the rouge warden in the first fade encounter, when an NPC or player gets a warden hood, and Riordan but only when I first meet him.

did you ever figure out what file in the update it was?

The files involved are the medium helmet GDAs from the mods and the UTIs for the conflicting items:

GWoF : helmet_medium_variation_wl.gda and gen_im_arm_hel_med_wlt.uti

qunari update : helmet_medium_variation_mgb and gen_im_arm_hel_med_magb.uti

I have a fix for the conflict on my tsm's Waifs and Strays mod page.

My rebalance mod for GWoF also has an optional fix for the ItemVariation ID conflict with qunari update.

Or you can roll your own: TSM's Fast and Dirty Guide to Fixing ItemVariation conflicts.

Edited by theskymoves