I only have 4 settlements left to unlock, and that's Somerville Place, County Crossing, Nordhagen Beach, and Greentop Nursery. I keep talking to Preston in hopes he'll tell me that they need help, he never does (Never thought I'd miss Preston's obsession with Settlements). I keep revisiting these settlements in hopes that the locals will give me the quests to unlock them, they just respond casually all the time. I keep listening to Radio Freedom, it keeps sending me back to Bunker Hill for quests like Greenskins, Ghoul Problems, Kidnapping, etc. I seriously just did one of those qests for them for the TENTH TIME!!!! And I changed the time-gap between those quests in FO4 Edit!

How in the name of everything that gives a f*#@ about my paitence and sanity, do I unlock Somerville Place, County Crossing, Nordhagen Beach, and Greentop Nursery? The Minutemen Quests are obviously broken, because they keep sending me back to Bunker Hill, Preston never talks about them, and the Settlers at those settlements never ask for help.

And yes, I did a post on this before this one, I checked, it's not becase of Feeding the Troops, I just ignored that quest entirely.

And NO, I'm not killing off the settlers.

Nicolas Cage beautifully demonstrates what I'm going through right now:

When your in Bunker Hill you have to do a quest for one of the shop keepers (wearing a blue mechanic suit), and then find Grandpa Svaoldi's Hat for the barkeep. Then the mayor will give you a quest, after that you need to put up these caravan spots (given to you by the mayor) in your settlements. Also make sure you didn't change anything else when you used FO4 edit, you never know until you do I guess lol.

When your in Bunker Hill you have to do a quest for one of the shop keepers (wearing a blue mechanic suit), and then find Grandpa Svaoldi's Hat for the barkeep. Then the mayor will give you a quest, after that you need to put up these caravan spots (given to you by the mayor) in your settlements. Also make sure you didn't change anything else when you used FO4 edit, you never know until you do I guess lol.

Did all that except the placing of Caravan spots. I placed them at at least 4 settlements that I finished building. Are you saying I have to do at ALL the settlements? And that will somehow stop these Minutemen quests from sending me back to Bunker Hill?

Edited by MrManovar6

I'm not saying it will stop the minutemen quests from sending you there, but it might because of somesort of glitch. Fallout is weird sometimes, so I have no clue, just don't want you blaming me if doesn't work after traipsing all around the commonwealth making caravaner shelters. I tried to look for a mod that perhaps fixes the minutemen quests, but I could'nt really find any (only ones that limit the radiant quests). This may sound stupid, but perhaps going and messing around in Nuka World or Far Harbor for a while may reset it somehow, or perhaps reset the game world (usually takes like a week gametime). Hope something I rambled about helps lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you been listening to Freedom Radio. Sometimes quests associated with these locations come up. Their is also a problem with some of these quests which give a place marker and no one is their so it can't be finished. SAVE all the time in case.

Edited by penguin621

It's a glitch in the vanilla game that you sometimes don't get the right dialogue (or any dialogue at all) to unlock a settlement. Nordhagen Beach, Somerville Place, Oberland Station and Greentop Nursery seem to be the ones affected the most often. In case it happens to me, I kill the settlers at the concerning settlement and the WorkShop is unlocked automatically.

It's a glitch in the vanilla game that you sometimes don't get the right dialogue (or any dialogue at all) to unlock a settlement. Nordhagen Beach, Somerville Place, Oberland Station and Greentop Nursery seem to be the ones affected the most often. In case it happens to me, I kill the settlers at the concerning settlement and the WorkShop is unlocked automatically.

Agree that's it's another awesome glitch as I've run into this many times...always seems to center on settlements that are part of radiant quests. I have a theory (based on purely anecdotal evidence) that it seems to be triggered by completing the Old Guns quest prior to discovering these locations.

In testing my Somerville Place Trailer mod, I found the following:

1) COCing into the Somerville Place cell from the main menu (which spawns a bare-bones, unequipped lvl 1 character) I was able to get the unlock quest straight away, or after returning a few days later.

2) My (at the time) level 8 test character that had yet to even meet Preston get the settlement quest from the settler straight away.

3) Another character at level 17 that had met Preston, done some of his garbage tasks but had not yet stared Old Guns was able to get the settlement quest from the settler straight away

4) My level 78 (again, at the time) character that had completed Old Guns still had yet to get the quest from either Preston or Radio Freedom even though they've sent me to the Slog three times. Somerville Settler would only give generic dialog. By the time she reached lvl 85 the unlock quest was still not given despite me listing to Radio Freedom non-stop. That in itself was painful enough.

5) Going back to my level 17 character on an earlier save prior to discovering/unlocking Somerville Place and completing Old Guns: Unable to unlock Somerville Place, settler would only give generic dialog.

Ran into a similar situation at Nordhagen Beach in the last game where I reach that part of the map. Completing Old Guns seems to be the common point of failure in my case, but as I said, purely anecdotal.