The Vulpine Race Mod Broke For Me

BenEdictJr

This mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61931

I have everything I needed installed and ready to go but when I booted the game up my fox didnât have a tail. So I went and installed the tail patch, only for my character to become a red square with a white exclamation mark in it. I deleted and reinstalled the mod and its patch but the error model persisted. It should be worth noting that I have previously tried porting Fallout 4 CBBE over to New Vegas before deciding against it and deleting the file from my Mod Manager. Could that have caused it any harm?

A Red Square with a White Exclamation means you're missing textures for the mesh that you're seeing the Red Square with White Exclamation point over.

Did you try and download the patch that fixes the TAIL NOT APPEARING problem?

here is a patch that should solve the tails not appearing problem. Current re-upload is a texture reference and perk fix. Shouldn't cause scripts problems.

Otherwise, The mod only 'broke' for you, because you went out of your way to break it.

From your post, you broke the mod, and your game, by trying to port a completely incompatible year 2015 FO4 CBBE to year 2010 FONV, instead of using CBBE bodies for FONV.
Not sure why you did that, because it's not like you can swap files between games freely, but basically, you must have loose files left in your DATA\Textures, DATA\Meshes folders that are screwing up your install, and overriding that furry mod you're trying to use.

In other words.... (Loose files in the Data folder ALWAYS override archived files)
(Not to mention the FONV files are completely INCOMPATIBLE with FO4)

The error symbol you are seeing indicates you have a missing mesh, not a missing texture.

You should look through your mesh files to see if you have any left over files.

If you have NVSE installed, you can find the object number by using the console.

This will lead you to the mesh that is missing.

The error symbol you are seeing indicates you have a missing mesh, not a missing texture.

You should look through your mesh files to see if you have any left over files.

If you have NVSE installed, you can find the object number by using the console.

This will lead you to the mesh that is missing.

Yup, you're right, I got the two mixed up.

Purple means a missing texture, the Exclamation point means missing mesh.

A Red Square with a White Exclamation means you're missing textures for the mesh that you're seeing the Red Square with White Exclamation point over.

Â

Did you try and download the patch that fixes the TAIL NOT APPEARING problem?

Â

here is a patch that should solve the tails not appearing problem. Current re-upload is a texture reference and perk fix. Shouldn't cause scripts problems.

Â

Â

Otherwise, The mod only 'broke' for you, because you went out of your way to break it.

From your post, you broke the mod, and your game, by trying to port a completely incompatible year 2015 FO4 CBBE to year 2010 FONV, instead of using CBBE bodies for FONV.

Not sure why you did that, because it's not like you can swap files between games freely, but basically, you must have loose files left in your DATA\Textures, DATA\Meshes folders that are screwing up your install, and overriding that furry mod you're trying to use.

In other words.... (Loose files in the Data folder ALWAYS override archived files)

(Not to mention the FONV files are completely INCOMPATIBLE with FO4)

Yes but I deleted my CBBE stuff from New Vegas already. The error only started after I installed the patch and not even reinstalling the mod entirely would help.

Because "Texture/Mesh" replacement mods replace vanilla versions of those files, you absolutely have to toggle "ArchiveInvalidation" off-and-then-on again after installing or removing one of them so it recognizes that there are loose files (added by the mod) which have to be used in place of the vanilla files in the BSA files or are no longer there and the BSA files should be used instead. That failure to toggle is the most common reason behind most "not working problems". This is usually evidenced by red "!" icon for missing meshes, and solid colors for missing textures. Please see the 'ArchiveInvalidation (by Manager)' section and also see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

If re-installing the mod and toggling AI fails to correct the problem, then uninstall (not merely disable) the mod, "verify local game files" to restore the vanilla files, and re-install (and toggle) again.

-Dubious-