Help: My First Mod (An Inn)

Hi. After tweaking and patching and fiddling for a while, I decided to finally try to make my own mod. I've created an inn just a stone's throw away from the Whiterun Stable, and though the work has had its ups and downs, one issue continues to elude me: I can't get the innkeeper to show me to my room. Everything else is working. He'll rent the bed to me, I can sleep in it, and the rest of his innkeeper services are working.

I've looked at numerous tutorials on the topic and I don't see what I am doing wrong. I've even tried moving the innkeeper closer to the bed in case it was a pathing issue.

Is there a checklist I could run through to find the problem?

Would anyone like to open it up and take a look and see if they can find the problem? The Inn is just south of the Whiterun Stables.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnLShP0HTbkiiiSiRzXHFyKg3K4q

I want to say you can get in by typing coc whiterunrunofthemill but for some reason that teleports you to the innkeeper's standing position, not the center of cell location that I've marked. While we're at it, does anyone how know to fix that? :smile:

I only started using the CK last Thursday, so please phrase everything "for very beginners." :smile:

Another question (or two): When I finalize the exterior navmesh, I see that some navmesh data is added to the neighboring cells. I've very conscientiously avoided editing outside of my home cell to minimize conflicts. Do I need to leave this data in the neighboring navmeshes? Are the neighboring cells now "dirty" and will conflict with other mods? (i.e. Immersive Citizens) (Yep, I've done SSEEdit cleaning.)

Question 2: I see that a triangle under a door is supposed to turn green with it's linked up with the load door teleport. For some reason, some of mine are blue. They still work though. Is this odd or can I ignore?

I am told they just look blue sometimes!

For some reason adding JobInnServer fixes, which none of the tutorials I've read/watched mention. : / At least it's working! .... But now he never leaves my bedside.

(coc whiterunrunofthemill is also working, as is all of the navmesh, and the fast travel, and a bard! Now if I could only get the server to act like a server...)

Hi.

I can't offer anything on the innkeeper questions since I've not done it.

The exterior navmesh issue is one I can offer some advice on. If you're not making big changes to a cell you may get away with just putting collision planes around the walls of your inn. Edit them and set their primitive type to L_Navcut. This tells NPCs not to use the navmesh triangles under your inn. After that you can go into SSEedit and delete the navmeshes from your .esp. This will force the game to reload the vanilla ones.

If you really need to edit the exterior navmesh around your inn, the commonly accepted practice is to select the entire navmesh (by clicking one triangle in it and hitting the 'F' key to flood fill the whole cell mesh). Then drag it down way under the terrain and make an entirely new mesh around your inn. From what I've seen, this invariably alters navmesh in all the cells surrounding the one you edited. It should do no harm. Make sure you get all of the original navmesh before dragging it down, including any islands. If you don't and inadvertently link any of your new triangles to one of the old islands, it will be classed as deleting a vanilla navmesh.

For your interior COC question, when you open up the interior cell in CK, is the camera pointing at your innkeeper? The place the camera points at when you open a cell in CK will be the spot you'll COC into.Try deleting your COCmarker heading, putting in a new one and finalising the cell again.

Thanks! I've managed to sort out all of those issues. (Except for the creepy innkeeper hovering at my bedside.) Solved: The navmesh was too close to the bed.

Has anyone managed to get the mead barrel idle working properly so people use a mug?