[LE] Question about the consequences of editing a Cell

demnish

It will be short and sweet.

If I make a custom item in my mod, add it to lets say Whiterun.
Then another mod adds custom items to the Cell of Whiterun, will those edits coexist or will my item disappear if that mod is higher in the load order and vice versa?

Edited by demnish

No your item will remain in the cell whatever the load order. The danger is that you put your item somewhere where another mod places something that hides your item or perhaps if you put it on a table and another mod removes the table so its floating. You just have to say that your mod may clash with any other mod that edits that cell.

Thank you for your answer, appreciate it a lot. I'm completely new to modding so I've made all my files unique with a prefix as to never conflict with anything else.

I have a second question about mod confliction so I guess I'll just ask away:

If I edit the file "LeveledItems" and add my custom ones to that one, then another mod does the same. Will they merge or will the load order this time decide which items to have in the game?

Edited by demnish

Thank you a lot, this will help me create my mods in a different and more efficient way!

"afterall that 's what your mod is doing with the vanilla list"

Now I've got a whole new perspective on the function of the Creation Kit. (I thought the mods replaced files instead of combining them)

Time to go crazy! :smile:

Edited by demnish