Fallout 4 crashing with and without mods & F4SE.

Deleted2749540User

Had a stable game yesterday, about 75 mods loaded. Saw that Raiders and DC guards had some missing textures. I verify the files and theres 8 files missing. Now it wont even launch. I've uninstalled everything and even reinstalled Fallout 4 and F4SE and it's still happening.

I'm sick of sinking tens of hours starting this game back up because Bethesda keeps wanting to sell us crap no one buys.

I currently have no mods installed but have 73 waiting, mostly just sound, a couple weapon and armor sets and a few things like Fusion City and just making starts easier as I have 536 hours into this and restarting YET AGAIN is really annoying.

Is there some way to find what the hell is causing all the failures to start?

go into steam and turn off CLOUD globally

Steam cloud will undo any change you make to the game files, including any cleaning or INI edits, biggest contributor to this very problem you are having

What it does is every time you start a game up it checks the files, anything that has been deleted or edited it replaces, so if you deleted a bad INI or a mod that was causing a crash then it most likely replaced that files,

which in your case since you are using texture and mesh files, it's undoing the changes you're making lol

when you wiped the game did you also go into your documents and delete that folder? if you did not then the game "may" still be using your old INI's

Papyrus logs can not, by their very nature, document a crash. Also, besides the Documents folder, uninstalling through Steam doesn't wipe loose files from the Data folder.

Payload is correct on both accounts the ONLY way to fully uninstall any game is to manually delete the folder it's in from your hard drive, and with all Skyrim , fallout, and Bethesda games in general, you also have to delete the folders from Documents.

It's just like when someone installs a texture mod or mesh mod in Fallout 4 and then decide not to use it, but instead of disabling it AND uninstalling, they just leave it disabled. The problem starts right there, when a texture or mesh mod is isntalled, the game will still use the new textures or meshes untill the mod is uninstalled ( deleted ). When that mod was installed it over wrote vanilla files, not unisntalling the mod means those over writes are still in place EVEN if the mod is turned off ( disabled )