Is it Possible to Run an Oldrim FOMOD in SE NMM?

ValisValero

Thanks. I assume that's consensus with the statement being as definitive as it is. May I be so bold as to inquire what the mechanic is that prevents this from being an option? I like learning.

The form IDs are different OLDRIM esps = 43, SSE = 44, which people claim doesn't matter, but eventually it does.

Meshes need some converting, possibly textures too.

The form IDs are different OLDRIM esps = 43, SSE = 44, which people claim doesn't matter, but eventually it does.

Meshes need some converting, possibly textures too.

Good to know thanks. I had thought about browsing Oldrim Nexus to find additional things that haven't been converted(For instance there's a "Blackreach Overhaul" on there that hasn't been ported to SSE) but now I know better. Definitely going to stay away from doing that, at least until I become more knowledgeable.

• 4 weeks later...

If it is a simple esp, the answer is actually yes. It only needs resaving in CK. If the Mod comes with a .bsa, you need to additionally repack the .bsa so it conforms to SE standards ( obviously after you converted meshes for SE use ). Meshes need to be converted to SE. Textures need no additional treatment and work out of the box. They seem to be darker than on Oldrim though.