Underwater glitch and CTD

mccauleykevinj

Hello,

Firstly, I apologize if this was posted before. There is 77 pages and Edge does not like the search functions of this bulletin board forum.

Here is my issue: I recently installed a fresh (no mods, no SKSE, just the game as bugthesda intended it) copy of Skyrim Special Edition. First issue was a no error CTD immediately after character setup. Second, after defeating the tower bandits on the way to ivarstan, the game suddenly thought everything was underwater. My thought is that the unofficial Skyrim Special edition patch would clear this up. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

My Specs:

Asus ROG Strix AM4 Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 1600X CPU (4 GHz stock - 6 cores w/ Hyperthreading - 12 threads possible)

16 GB DDR4 RAM (speed slips my mind right now - Corsair Memory - 2x 8 GB perfectly paired sticks)

1 TB HDD + 1.5 TB secondary HDD - Game installed like default

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 570 4 GB Graphics card

Monitor - Asus MG248QR gaming monitor - 1ms response - AMD Freesync up to 144 MHz

Cooling - Corsair Super ATX Cube case with 4x 80mm fans

CPU Cooler is Corsair Hyper Evo 212 CPU Cooler with Artic Freeze (99% pure liquid silver) thermal paste

No other games, not even Fallout 4 with over 30+ mods gives me any issues. All are running on high (not ultra) settings. I stress again that this game is being run as intended by Bugthesda.

Would the unofficial patch work? The game was installed via Steam less than 12 hours ago.

Thank you

The only plugins I have (this is Skyrim Special Edition - Vanilla edition) is:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfire.esm

Dragonborn.esm

I have also noticed that sometimes when I am jumping and moving forward at the same time, my orc stays in the jump animation and starts floating

Okay, well - try the following:

1st :

Your system is able to run Skyrim SE?

You meet and slightly exceed the min requirements for Skyrim SE, both in processor - RAM and Video Card?

Google the following if unsure: Min Requirements for Skyrim SE

2nd : ( If you meet the requirements for Skyrim SE )

< dir > : .... \ Documents \ my games \ Skyrim Special Edition

Here you will find 2 files:

....................................... Skyrim.ini

....................................... SkyrimPrefs.ini

Make a temp directory as follows - \ Documents \ my games \ Skyrim Special Edition \ TEMP

Move the 2 .ini files to the temp.

Restart Skyrim SE w/the Vanilla Launcher and the files will be recreated. If this does NOT happen, then we have a whole new problem to look at. But I'm 99.5 % sure it will. Leave the file folder and \ Documents \ my games \ Skyrim Special Edition .... opened to insure it does. You should see 2 new INI files with the same names. Just with a new Time - Date stamp of creation.

Start a NEW game. This means remove your current saved games to a backup directory and start a clean fresh game and see if this clears the problem. The reason I am being specific, is more than a few times, people misunderstood what this meant and I found I have to be more specific. Please take no insult as none is meant.

Let me know .... I'll be watching this thread.

.. Jj ...