Helgen CTD Every Time w/Mods (I've Looked Everywhere for Answers)

PixelRez

Before I start this! Yes, I posted this beforehand... this is a doublepost, right? I can't find a way to delete my old post. I needed to fix up the title and tags, so... that's a thing. If a mod reads this, please do me a favor and close/delete the other post. It'd be much appreciated!
Hi! So, I recently got back into Skyrim, due to wanting to re-experience the game again. And so, what better way to do so other than mod it a bit?
I wanted to mainly mod it to look astonishingly better. And so, I've installed a few mods to help with that. However, it appears whenever I use ApachiiSkyHair (and possibly others, I believe?) my game CTDs on the way to Helgen, usually as the wagon stops moving. I would just decide to use only the Full version of ASH, rather than Full, Male, and Female - however, the NPC Overhaul mod requires all three in order to work, which I really wanted, as the current NPCs are just plain out boring and scraggy. Mind you, this is Skyrim, not SSE. I have the Legendary Edition.
To add more info, I disabled most mods to get to the part just before you customize your character, and then saved. Then I went back with all of the mods active, and it froze when the character creation screen popped up and then CTDed me. It's still doing this.
I'll list pretty much all of my info here. Anything else you need to know, just ask, and I'll gladly reply with any more info.

My Setup:
GPU: - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
CPU: - Intel i7 6700k
RAM: - 16 Gigs

Plugins/Load Order:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
Falskaar.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
Vivid Weathers - Falskaar.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp
SkyUI.esp
Skyrim 2017 TPTC - Parallax Maps.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
NPC_Overhaul_V_1_.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
ELE_Fs_Lite.esp
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

I also have Immersive Armors right here at the bottom of the LO disabled, due to it messing with the intro scene. It shows up as:
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=0
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=0

Actual Mod List:
Vivid Weathers
Vibrancy ENB
Verdant 1.6.1 SSE Edition
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
SkyUI
Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees
Skyrim Flora Overhaul v2.5b
Skyrim 2017 Parallax Textures
Realistic Water Two
LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons
Inhabitants of Skyrim - NPC Overhaul
Immersive Armors (Will be disabled until Post-Helgen)
Forgotten Retex Project
Fine Face Textures for Men
Falskaar V1.2.1
ELE
Cutting Room Floor
Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-
ApachiiSkyHairMale v1.2
ApachiiSkyHairFemale v1.5
ApachiiSkyHair v1.6

I've looked through tons of articles on Steam, Nexus, and others, and can't find a solution. At first, I got these put together, went in, and the game crashed when the wagon stopped moving in Helgen. So I disabled them all and enabled them 1-by-1, and starting a new game each time to see which mod did this. I didn't enable them in order by the way. But when I got to enabling ApachiiSkyHair, it froze, then crashed, and multiple errors continued. I updated it at that point to the best of my ability, and I'm not sure what to do. I don't know what errors there are here, but... I use LOOT to sort my Load Order, so. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, or even if I should delete certain mods and reinstall them in a certain order that you know of. I know I have to install Verdant after SFO, but I didn't realize that until after, so... things like that would be useful knowledge. Thanks!

R U using: SKSE 64?

IF so, understand that not all mods have been upgraded to this and some issues can happen, like what you are experiencing. The only time I've seen SKSE 64 not create any issues is IF the mods being used are ALL SKSE 64 ready and NO other mods.

If you have Legendary Edition, then why are you using "Verdant 1.6.1 SSE Edition"?

Also, to help with crashes, I recommend these:

• Make sure you have the SKSE Memory Patch set up.
  • Install Crash Fixes and be sure to read the description. It requires SKSE Plugin Preloader. It changes how memory is allocated, which might fix crashes, and it can give you (somewhat) user-friendly error messages when you crash.
  • Install Load Game CTD Fix. It fixes a thread race condition when loading save games.
  • ENBoost - This gives you the memory management features of ENB without the visual effects processing. It lets you take advantage of more RAM. Not needed if you run an ENB.
  • Also, please see my ENB Checklist post if you do use an ENB.

If you have Legendary Edition, then why are you using "Verdant 1.6.1 SSE Edition"?

Also, to help with crashes, I recommend these:

• Make sure you have the SKSE Memory Patch set up.
  • Install Crash Fixes and be sure to read the description. It requires SKSE Plugin Preloader. It changes how memory is allocated, which might fix crashes, and it can give you (somewhat) user-friendly error messages when you crash.
  • Install Load Game CTD Fix. It fixes a thread race condition when loading save games.
  • ENBoost - This gives you the memory management features of ENB without the visual effects processing. It lets you take advantage of more RAM. Not needed if you run an ENB.
  • Also, please see my ENB Checklist post if you do use an ENB.

R U using: SKSE 64?

IF so, understand that not all mods have been upgraded to this and some issues can happen, like what you are experiencing. The only time I've seen SKSE 64 not create any issues is IF the mods being used are ALL SKSE 64 ready and NO other mods.

So, I've changed up the order a bit and eventually got it working by adding the RaceMenu mod. Currently, with my new order, I've been able to reach up to Riverwood without crashing. Now, however, I crash just before entering Riverwood, always in the same place. It's mainly whenever I get even close to the town. I am indeed using SKSE 64. I had some issues that required me to completely reinstall Skyrim along with every mod, which sucked, but it worked up until this part. Apparently, RWT isn't a very smart mod to have, and I've been told that it could be crashing it. Completely forgot that I shouldn't be disabling that mod like I did, and ended up with very flat water textures.

Anyways. Here's my current load order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
iHUD.esp
Skyrim Bigger Trees Full.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
Vivid Weathers - Falskaar.esp
Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp
IridumEyes2.0.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
fallentreebridges.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
NPC_Overhaul_V_1_.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
ELE_Fs_Lite.esp
I'm beginning to get quite frustrated, not only with myself, but with this entire process. I'm honestly thinking of just keeping the mods that make the landscape/flora look better, plus an ENB and ELE, Alternate Start and Apocalypse, and saying goodbye to the rest. But even then, I don't even know if that'd work. (I'd also be keeping a couple others since some of which are masters.)
Any ideas on what the actual issue here could be?

ok first off, all those links Grospolina linked are nothing more than shortcuts, if you're going to use mods you need to learn how to do what those links do, yourself

Try my guide, yes it has links in it, BUT, i explain what each program does, and more importantly how to use those programs

What I am getting at is the fact that you're using all those mods and you have no Bashed Patch from Wrye, ANYTIME you use more than 4 or 5 mods you should also be using a Bashed Patch

Let me know if you need further help through PM, i will be more than happy to help you :smile:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2235394-beginners-guide-to-modding/

One other thing i noticed

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp - should be loaded LAST unless the author of the mod below has stated other wise ( directly above the bashed patch, which should always be last )
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
ELE_Fs_Lite.esp
oh yea, one other thing, if you're using the mod Helgen Reborn, you can NOT start a new game with it Enabled, you have to at the very least, wait till you leave ( outside ) the Cavern under Helgen
Edited by gromulos

I am indeed using SKSE 64.

If you have Legendary Edition, then you should NOT be using SKSE64 (2.0.7). You should be using SKSE (1.7.3).

You quoted my post but didn't say that you tried anything that I suggested (but I see that you switched Verdant to the correct version).

What are your system specs?

You mentioned having an ENB. Did you go through the ENB checklist? It's important to set up enblocal.ini correctly.

For Verdant, did you modify iMinGrassSize as stated in the instructions? If you didn't, then it could be making the grass too dense, which might cause crashes.

I am indeed using SKSE 64.

If you have Legendary Edition, then you should NOT be using SKSE64 (2.0.7). You should be using SKSE (1.7.3).

You quoted my post but didn't say that you tried anything that I suggested (but I see that you switched Verdant to the correct version).

What are your system specs?

You mentioned having an ENB. Did you go through the ENB checklist? It's important to set up enblocal.ini correctly.

For Verdant, did you modify iMinGrassSize as stated in the instructions? If you didn't, then it could be making the grass too dense, which might cause crashes.

So, I did try those things. I couldn't figure out how to set some of them up properly though, so it would crash me. Especially ENBoost. For Verdant, yes, I did do that.

Basically, I uninstalled everything. Skyrim, mods, etc. I reinstalled them and went 1 by 1 with installing. It's been going well so far, nothing has been crashing, and I've been able to go in and out of Riverwood. Everything is pretty much fine for the most part. I'm still installing though because of a glitch I'm having with actually downloading the mods... seems everytime I fix one thing a new problem appears. Basically, some of the mods aren't even being downloaded off of the site with the ESP files anymore. That's my only issue right now. Once I can get that fixed, I'll be able to find the issue that's causing me to crash at Riverwood, and should be okay to play from there unless a new issue arises. If you'd like full details on that, I've got a new post about it here.

Also, I did switch to regular SKSE. So all is well there. I wasn't launching Skyrim with it though, but rather through Steam, which a Discord friend told me was quite a bad idea. I don't know what bad luck I have with modding this game, but it's been four days and I'm still coming up with new issues. Lmaoooo.

ok first off, all those links Grospolina linked are nothing more than shortcuts, if you're going to use mods you need to learn how to do what those links do, yourself

Try my guide, yes it has links in it, BUT, i explain what each program does, and more importantly how to use those programs

What I am getting at is the fact that you're using all those mods and you have no Bashed Patch from Wrye, ANYTIME you use more than 4 or 5 mods you should also be using a Bashed Patch

Let me know if you need further help through PM, i will be more than happy to help you :smile:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2235394-beginners-guide-to-modding/

One other thing i noticed

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp - should be loaded LAST unless the author of the mod below has stated other wise ( directly above the bashed patch, which should always be last )
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
ELE_Fs_Lite.esp
oh yea, one other thing, if you're using the mod Helgen Reborn, you can NOT start a new game with it Enabled, you have to at the very least, wait till you leave ( outside ) the Cavern under Helgen

First and foremost, not using Helgen Reborn. No worries there.

I've only just had time to read this part, as I was working with the post beforehand first. I'll be installing Wyre shortly after posting this, and to add to that, I'm not even entirely sure what a Bashed Patch is. I'm stupid like that, but yeah. How do I know the difference between Bashed and Merged? ELE also has to be the very bottom mod, and I've been told to have Realistic Water Two as close to the bottom as I can. So would I bascially put them in order of top to bottom like:

RWT

RWT Patches/Addons

Alternate Start

Alternate Start Patches/Addons

ELE

ELE Patches

Something like that?

Thanks for the quick replies, both of you. Means a lot to be getting some quick feedback. Sorry that my issues continue to arise like that, hope I'm not taking up too much time from you guys. But still, thanks a ton! Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

SSE is way better. Since you have Skyrim LE, I recommend upgrading to Special Edition for free. I realize you've just done some work to get SLE running, but I think now is a good time to upgrade before you really get started playing the game. If you wish to upgrade, check Steam Library It may already have a link to download SSE for free. With your system specs I think you can run Skyrim SE easily, and it will give you significant improvements that will be worth the trouble.

SSE is way better. Since you have Skyrim LE, I recommend upgrading to Special Edition for free. I realize you've just done some work to get SLE running, but I think now is a good time to upgrade before you really get started playing the game. If you wish to upgrade, check Steam Library It may already have a link to download SSE for free. With your system specs I think you can run Skyrim SE easily, and it will give you significant improvements that will be worth the trouble.

I had to have purchased all of Skyrim’s DLC by a certain point in order to be liable for the free upgrade. I only just recently purchased the Dragonborn DLC on PC. I had it on the Xbox, since the XB version is SSE, but apparently my PC never had it. I eventually plan on upgrading, not but at the moment, as much as I’d love to. But if I DID do so, it’d most likely be because of the fact that SSE supports more mods and such, rather than because of SSE’s graphics.