Can't figure how to create a Doctor script dialogue.

K177J0Y

I'm following some tutorial on YT (

) on how to make a simple doctor script but I have no idea what happens. I follow trough everything, but when it comes to visualizing the scenes tab, everything is blank! I'm almost modifying the already made script but every modder I know on the internet says that it's really risky.

At first I tought it was my MO2 but even when I moved all .esp's necessary for my mod, the bloody tab is still blank!

Sorry for my english, I'm trying this too much...(and I didn't even want to bother with scripting, but is essential that Doctor)

Important Images

PS: I did take more screenshots of the process but heck this forum does not accept them

If it was me. I would delete it. Then start the tutorial again. You might could fix what you did wrong, but you can also drive yourself crazy trying to fix something that isn't there or you can't find. Looking for a needle in a haystack. If you make something once, that's one thing. If you make the same thing 10 different times, and 10 different ways hopefully. Then you have an idea how to best make something. The practice of making it is what you need to be able to make a better version of it. Now I'm just guessing. You want a dialog for a doctor, but someone said don't use the one already in the game? Drumlin Doc comes to mind. It's just putting a doctor at the Drumlin Dinner, but it's very simple. I'm not sure what it is you are trying to make. You don't want to drive yourself crazy. I know that. If something isn't going well, I usually delete it, and move on. I would say relax. If you were wanting to spend time dedicated to creating specific piece, then relax & do that.

If it was me. I would delete it. Then start the tutorial again. You might could fix what you did wrong, but you can also drive yourself crazy trying to fix something that isn't there or you can't find. Looking for a needle in a haystack. If you make something once, that's one thing. If you make the same thing 10 different times, and 10 different ways hopefully. Then you have an idea how to best make something. The practice of making it is what you need to be able to make a better version of it. Now I'm just guessing. You want a dialog for a doctor, but someone said don't use the one already in the game? Drumlin Doc comes to mind. It's just putting a doctor at the Drumlin Dinner, but it's very simple. I'm not sure what it is you are trying to make. You don't want to drive yourself crazy. I know that. If something isn't going well, I usually delete it, and move on. I would say relax. If you were wanting to spend time dedicated to creating specific piece, then relax & do that.

Thanks for replying firstly :smile:

I'm creating a mod that adds a worldspace with a medic I created on it. I just need a doctor, like doctor Sum on DC that sells chems and cure rads/diseases. I heard that's not a good idea to tamper with the vanilla scripts and I'm kinda new on scripting business since I just edit models and add worldspaces... But now it's kinda essential this doctor there.

I'm not planning on adding more dialogue than the basic chems/doctor merchant, at least not now or near. I know I need some practice. The NPC just bumbles around now ;-;

It's somehow like the mod you quoted, the problem is that it uses the travelling doctor, Doc Anderson... maybe I could try to use that on my NPC? I'm slightly lost

Edited by K177J0Y

Mention of my Doc Drumlin flagged this, so the easy fast way to do this once:

1 Create a new Message DOC_NAME in the title put the Doctors name you want to appear: Doctor Who

2 Create a new Quest DOC_QUEST [ ] Start Game Enabled

3 Create a new Reference Alias DOC_LOCATION ForceRefTo a placed object in the world where you want the doctor

4 Create a new Reference Alias DOC_ACTOR CreateRefToObject WorkshopVendorDoctor01 [ ] Create At the location reference alias DOC_LOCATION
5 Display Name DOC_NAME
Any doctors in the world spawned using WorkshopVendorDoctor01 (Random Encounter Doc Anderson) as a template will share a single vendor chest of inventory. Setting up new npcs with the doctor dialogue factions and separate vendor chests with faction links is a faff and beyond my interest in typing.
ps I don't watch youtube so no idea what instructions you have been following.
PPS "the problem is that it uses the travelling doctor, " is not correct, it uses the template to create a copy.
Edited by SKK50

Mention of my Doc Drumlin flagged this, so the easy fast way to do this once:

1 Create a new Message DOC_NAME in the title put the Doctors name you want to appear: Doctor Who

2 Create a new Quest DOC_QUEST [ ] Start Game Enabled

3 Create a new Reference Alias DOC_LOCATION ForceRefTo a placed object in the world where you want the doctor

4 Create a new Reference Alias DOC_ACTOR CreateRefToObject WorkshopVendorDoctor01 [ ] Create At the location reference alias DOC_LOCATION
5 Display Name DOC_NAME
Any doctors in the world spawned using WorkshopVendorDoctor01 (Random Encounter Doc Anderson) as a template will share a single vendor chest of inventory. Setting up new npcs with the doctor dialogue factions and separate vendor chests with faction links is a faff and beyond my interest in typing.
ps I don't watch youtube so no idea what instructions you have been following.
PPS "the problem is that it uses the travelling doctor, " is not correct, it uses the template to create a copy.

Thank you for the tip :)

Will I have FemaleOld voice that Doc Anderson uses or can I add a workshop doctor "settler" voice?

Anyways, I think it'll do, it's the only thing that is preventing me for releasing an alpha.

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to look at the DialogueDoctorsFaction Use report or DialogueGenericDoctors quest infos to see which voicetypes have been recorded.

It finally worked out, many thanks for the support :) ...Just had to add to a faction merchant and now she's doing everything.