Getting DAI Mod Manager and Frosty to work together - is it possible?

Katarsi

Just like the title says.

I have the latest version of Frosty Mod Manager, and I also have DAI Mod Manager which is commonly used, but not DLC friendly.

I have followed these tutorials:

and

Still doesn't work. Both Mod Managers work fine on their own, but when I try using them together (by starting the game through Frosty), the loading starts and then gets stuck in infinite loading.

I also tried erasing the folder ModData from the game directory, as it has been suggested in several places. The same thing occurs as described above, and I don't really see how that would be helpful because Frosty immediately creates a new ModData folder while launching the game (or, in my case, getting stuck at launching the game). I also tried removing the file bcrypt.dll from the ThirdParty folder and replacing it with alternative version, but nothing changed.

Any solution? Please?

Edited by Katarsi

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is how I made DAI Tools Suite and Frosty to work together. I play with both all the time and I have no conflicts - provided that everything is done right.

Let's assume you already have DAI Tools Suite (v.1.0.0.59) installed, and you have set up Frosty Mod Manager - version 1.0.4.2. Later versions don't seem to work, I've tried.

So here goes:

1. Back up the Patch folder from your Update folder in the game directory; save it in some easily accessible place. You should always do this, especially if you wish to change the mods you use with DAI Tools Suite.
  2. Open DAI Tools Suite and install your chosen mods. Be careful not to install mods which you already have in Frosty, to avoid conflicts.
  3. After it's done, delete the Patch folder.
  4. Rename the folder Patch_ModManagerMerge to Patch.
  5. Now open the newly renamed Patch folder and there you'll find package.mft file; open it with Notepad. Delete the bottom line which refers to the Mod Manager and change Version number from 13 to 12. Close and save.
  6. Open Frosty and install your chosen mods. Hit Launch to start the game. And from now on, you're launching the game in Frosty.

Important:

Every time you start the game, Frosty creates the folder ModData in your game directory. It is highly recommended that you delete this folder every time before starting the game again, for stability purpose.

If you wish to change mods imported with Frosty, it's simple to do so by removing them and importing new ones.

However, if you wish to change the mods imported with DAI Tools suite, you must delete the existing Patch folder and then copy back the original Patch which you had previously stashed as a backup. And then you repeat the whole process listed above. And don't forget to delete ModData folder before doing this!

I hope I helped! Happy modding!

Edited by Katarsi

• 8 months later...

Apparently the download for that version has been removed. Give the new version a go, there's a chance that it will work; the one that didn't work for me was older than this one.

i found the link to the older version on here

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToolSuite/releases

but i need the new version anyway as the mods i want to install are only compatible with the newer version. ive asked the author if there is a way to make the mod compatible with the older version but if there isnt - does anyone else have any ideas? the game keeps closing a few seconds after i launch it, before the bioware logo even appears.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. I got the Frosty and DAI MM to work together. But, some DAI mods aren't working. Like I have to change up mods for stores because they are in the same location. I exit game, change the mod, but when I got back to the store, it still shows the first mod instead of the new one. I tried to run with just the DAI MM and not Frosty, but that doesn't work. I loaded without Frosty and removed Frosty mods, but that didn't work either. Is there a way to undo what I did to get Frosty to work so I can make the DAI mods work again? Like is there a way I can run the game like I never loaded the Frosty mod manager? They always worked for me until I started using Frosty with DAI.

I went back and did a repair on the game and now it won't start at all with any mods.

Edited by PoeticAnt44

I have a question. I got the Frosty and DAI MM to work together. But, some DAI mods aren't working. Like I have to change up mods for stores because they are in the same location. I exit game, change the mod, but when I got back to the store, it still shows the first mod instead of the new one. I tried to run with just the DAI MM and not Frosty, but that doesn't work. I loaded without Frosty and removed Frosty mods, but that didn't work either. Is there a way to undo what I did to get Frosty to work so I can make the DAI mods work again? Like is there a way I can run the game like I never loaded the Frosty mod manager? They always worked for me until I started using Frosty with DAI.

I went back and did a repair on the game and now it won't start at all with any mods.

I honestly don't know what kind of issue you might have had with store mods, so I can't help you there.

However, this is important if you get DAIMM and Frosty to work together and you start/continue a gameplay with those two together:

As I said before, in the Patch folder there is a file package.mft which contains Version number, and it's essential for everything to work properly. Default value is 12. When you launch the game with DAIMM only, that value changes to 13. When you launch the game with Frosty, the Version number stays at default 12.

If your save was started with both DAIMM and Frosty, and then you remove Frosty and start it with DAIMM alone - the Version will automatically switch to 13 and your save can't revert back to Frosty from that point. The game will only accept higher values of the Version (above 13), but never below. And Frosty works only on 12.

So if you want to start an existing save which you played with DAIMM alone at some point, it will never work with Frosty again.

Well, what happened was I did the ardent blossom store. There are several and you have to use one mod per store and change it out each time. What happened was the store was "stuck". Same with the Crossroads store. You change it to a different store, it would stay as the first store when I first ran the mods. I get what you're saying and looking back, I should do the store mods before I run the Frosty Mods. I reverted back to patch 12, and some of the other stores worked, but the first one was still stuck. I did a repair of the game and such, but I still had the same problem. I just reinstalled the game and now I cannot even run the game at all. It only runs if I have NO mods at all. If I run even one mod, even a random one, it won't run the game at all. As soon as it starts to load, it freezes. I have randomly tested one mod at a time and I just can't run the game unless I have no mods at all. This tells me it's not the mods, but the manager. Something happened and now I don't know what to do. If you have any ideas (I've seen your videos and you seem quite knowledgeable on such things), I would be greatly appreciative.

Ok, I think I got it. I ended up deleting and reinstalling the Mod Manager. I tested it out on a couple of mods and the game started. I tried again with the rest of my mods and it seems to be OK now. It only took a few hours to figure out.... :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Did everything you said but when I launch with Frosty it applies the mod but the game doesn't start at all. Doesn't even show in task manager.

When I launch with DAIMM alone, the game runs with no issues.

My DAIMM mod list attached below, and I use only alternate mage attack by wavebend in frosty.