Getting DAI Mod Manager and Frosty to work together - is it possible?

Katarsi

After a few hours of attempting to get MM and Frosty working together, I've finally succeeded.

First of all, make sure that both Frosty and DAI executable are running with administrator rights. If they aren't, find the respective .exe files, NOT the shortcuts, right click them, choose Properties, in the window that has just popped out, open Compatibility tab, find and check the 'Run this program as an admintrator' box.

Then, make sure that your DAI isn't in the 'Read only' state. To check, right click the game folder, open Properties, and in the General tab tick 'Read only' box (tbh I'm not sure that it helped the deal, but still did it just in case).

Now, follow the first tutorial in this thread, but I'll add a couple of details from my own experience.

Install your mods with Mod Manager, move your original Patch folder somwhere else, change the name of Patch_ModManagerMerge to Patch, delete the ModManager line from the package.mft in the folder that you've just renamed. You don't have to change the patch version number, at least I didn't have to, it worked fine with the Version 15.

Now, open FrostyMM (remember that it should be running with administrator rights), add your desired mods, and MAKE SURE that they aren't the same mods that you've already installed with ModManager, otherwise it will result in problems, like freezes and crashes or not starting the game at all. For example, I've installed Solas complexion mod with both MM and Frosty and didn' notice it. Game started, I loaded my save at Skyhold and it worked just fine, but when I started running around to check if evefything's working fine, I walked into the room where Solas usually is, and as soon as I entered the room game just froze and I had to close it with Task Manager. When I removed this mod from the MM patch, it all loaded just fine.

When you've imported, applied and arranged your mods, hit Launch. It may take some time and may seem like the process is stuck, when the bar will be filled a little more than the middle, but eventually mod applying window will close and DAI should start running in a few seconds (it usually takes 5-10 seconds on my system).

And you don't have to use v1.0.4.2 Frosty, I use v1.0.5.2 and it works.

Don't forget to delete your ModData folder before every Launch of the game. But for me it wasn't necessary, it loads normally even with ModData folder.

Hope it helps.

I did everything you said in this post, literally. Yet nothing stopped the recurring warning I keep getting soon as I import the mods, telling me that all the mods were designed for a different patch version.

Screenshot-2.jpg

I am clueless and frustrated to be honest with you. This isn't the first time I get stuck trying to make it, to no avail.

I have my patch version number to 12, latest Frosty version, No other patch folders in the update folder except the newly renamed one. Ran the mod manager as admin.. Not sure what else to do..

Edited by roblnx

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey roblnx! All you have to do when you get that error is hit apply mod. That error won't affect whether or not the mod shows in your game. Frosty just tells you it was made for a different patch as precaution, but you are safe to apply it.

Other than that, since you are using both the mod managers together, ofc check that your Patch_ModManagerMerge is renamed to Patch as detailed in the instructions, but also on top of that you should check that the patch number of the package.mft for the ModData folder is the same number as the one in your renamed Patch_ModManagerMerge folder, otherwise your DAIMM mods will override your FMM mods, so your FMM mods won't show in game. The ModData folder is the one that frosty generates when merging mods.

Under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > ModData > Update > Patch and then the package.mft file. Open it with notepad and check it has the same number as the one under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update > Patch, if it doesn't, edit them so they match up.

Edited by Dmitrias

Thanks dmitrias, your post helped me to figure out the problem it was a mod bundle that was likely conflicting with another mod but wasn't aptly displaying on frosty's but i went back to the drawing board and installed carefully from scratch and it now works. Kind regards for all the help :D

• 3 weeks later...

So, dunno if anyone else is still doing help for this but I can get the two to work together for the most part except for one glaring issue, Hair mods installed with DAImm (aswel as armor mods like the TMM series (esp the starter one)) don't work when the game is launched through frosty and I can't find that issue anywhere else (Or a solution to it) any help would be amazing.

Vrandon, did you make sure your mesh quality is set to ultra? That's required for most mesh edits. Also mesh edits to hair don't show in the black emporium and a handful of modded hairs don't show in DLCs unless you grab my mod which fixes that. Also you can load daimod meshes with frosty! No need to use DAIMM for that, so long as it comes with a .daimod extension instead of being made up of many folders which was the older daimod format, which frosty doesn't accept. Just make sure you extract the daimod from it's archive and then you should be able to load it into frosty mod manager no problem, you might get a notification that it was designed for a different patch version but you can go ahead and press okay and apply the mod and it should still work.

Depending on what those armour mods do you can probably also load those directly through FMM. Generally anything that comes with the .daimod extension should be okay to load with frosty provided you extract the mod from it's archive first so that you are importing the .daimod directly as opposed to the .zip . or .7s or .WinRar or whatever archive. The only exceptions to this would be daimod retextures and configurable daimods, those don't load so well with frosty (configurable daimods are the ones with a configure button in DAIMM where you can customize the mod settings yourself.)

Maybe you all can help me, because I think I messed up and ruined my save file.

I was using Frosty for the mod that eliminates waiting at the War Table. It was working great. I decided I wanted to cheat a little and give myself a cash infusion, so I loaded up DAIMM and used the Seggrich mod. This broke Frosty and the War Table mod stopped working. I then followed some bad advice from elsewhere and deleted the Patch folder and "repaired" the game files using Origin. The game wouldn't let me load my save file; it said it was created with a newer version of the game and I had to update in order to use that save file.

I tried following some advice from here to see if I can fix it. If I load up DAIMM and let it create "version 13" (even with no mods actually installed) then I can load my save file, but the War Table mod from Frosty stops working. If I change the "package" file to Version 12, then I can't load my save. Any way to fix this so I can load my save and use Frosty?

hi raincloud9, frosty also generates it's own package.mft file under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > ModData > Update > Patch > package.mft. if you open that up and make it have the same number as the other package.mft file you mentioned then it should load. alternatively you could just delete the moddata folder and remerge your frosty mods and it should regenerate with patch 13. however do note that there is already a DAIMM version of that mod you mentioned so you don't necessarily have to use the 2 mod managers together just for that.

Edited by Dmitrias

So, I've been messing with this and can't figure out why it's not working. Works fine with Andromeda, but just won't load hair mods for DAI.

I've completely removed the DAITools mods. In fact, vanillad my game.

I've only got one hair mod imported to Frosty for testing, a hair for HF (a Frosty mod, not .daimod). And yes, mesh settings on Ultra.

DAI and Frosty both have admin privileges. I originally tried the older version, which I think tried to load, but had a really screwed up mesh. Tried the latest version with viry2's post, and still no good.

Launching the game through Frosty.

Only other mod I have loaded with Frosty is a complexion mod, which is showing up.

Has anyone else seen a fix for this? Or am I missing something?

What hair mod are you loading dubird? Some bundle edit hair swap mods like my Isabela hair mod, hong's npc hairs for you mod, inquisitor coiffures mod and any other bundle edit hair mods may not show in character creation but should show up after you accept your changes, exit cc and enter into first cutscene.

Also make sure that your ModData package.mft patch has the same number as the package.mft of your (renamed to patch) Patch_ModManagerMerge folder. If it's lower than it, the daimods will override your frosty merged mods folder causing the FMM mods not to load. You can change it by editing it manually by navigating to C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > ModData, opening the package.mft and matching the number, or deleting the ModData folder and relaunching your mods, it should regenerate with your current patch number.

i have been trying for hours to get these to work together for me the mod data folder refuses to be created i did everything in this video the game works fine when started through origin and my daimods show up but when i install and apply my frosty mods after i hit launch it will say new something detected i press ok an then error pops up please if anyone knows a fix it would be nice and i've done a restart of my pc i've re-downloaded and reinstalled everything and even made everything admin start and this is the error message just incase.-

One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator.

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Edited by Marcusthemaniac23