Bug: Invisible Gauldur Amulet

Gebherel

Hi, I'm playing with my second character in the game, and I just finished the Forbidden Legend quest (again), but the Gauldur Amulet doesn't appear on my character (the effects are present, so it works, just is invisible). The amulet is visible in the inventory, and when I drop it too. When I wear, nothing. I reloaded the previous character, and the amulet is working here. My first character was a nord, and the new is an argonian (maybe it's related).

I tried to search on internet for something, but all the solutions for similar problems is related with items added by mods and "order load", but I don't use any mods (and no DLCs too). I'm playing the basic game, with the last update. The only "mod" I use is the tool to create characters profiles, but it only creates multiple folders for save files. In the wiki page for the Gauldur Amulet, it says that "sometimes the amulet appears invisible on the wearer's body".

I already tried to load an old save, and tried the "reforge the amulet" part again, and some commands (unequipall, removeitem), but nothing works. Is there anything I can do for it? Someone have/had the same problem (with the same item or another)? I know that's a minor problem, but I wanted to give it a last chance.

Edit: I changed the weight of my character using the "showracemenu", but didn't solved. The fragments of the amulet were visible, and other amulets (including the Saarthal one, which have the same appearance) too.

Edited by Gebherel

please do a quick test of the following

take off the amulet and your armor , go to third person , put on the amulet (but not the armor) and see if the amulet is visible

if it is , the issue is that your armor is set to hide the amulet . if it isn't , there is some issue which might be caused by your mods , so you should post your load order in such a case\

but I would bet it's the former , and I really hope it's that one

please do a quick test of the following

take off the amulet and your armor , go to third person , put on the amulet (but not the armor) and see if the amulet is visible

if it is , the issue is that your armor is set to hide the amulet . if it isn't , there is some issue which might be caused by your mods , so you should post your load order in such a case\

but I would bet it's the former , and I really hope it's that one

I forgot to say, I already tried this first solution, but didn't work too. When I played the mission again, I took off my armor before even take the amulet, but still didn't work. And for the second, as I said, I don't use any mods, so it can't be the problem in this case.

oh sorry , I misread your initial post

and you are correct in that this appears to be a known bug

there is a solution , though you won't be able to use it with your game

this was fixed , among many many other issues in the unofficial patches . however , there is now only the legendary edition of the unofficial patch , which requires all the DLCs to use

so you could get the DLCs (which you should be able to buy for almost nothing , due to their age and all) and use the unofficial patch , try to ask Arthmoor (the author of the patch) how they fixed this error and recreate the fix yourself , or just try to ignore the bug and continue as if nothing is wrong

if you're not using mods there are 2 easy things you can try

1) deactivate the archiveinvalidation in NMM then reactivate it, then try the game

2) verify your files through steam, if you're not using mods then your textures should be intact

oh sorry , I misread your initial post

and you are correct in that this appears to be a known bug

there is a solution , though you won't be able to use it with your game

this was fixed , among many many other issues in the unofficial patches . however , there is now only the legendary edition of the unofficial patch , which requires all the DLCs to use

so you could get the DLCs (which you should be able to buy for almost nothing , due to their age and all) and use the unofficial patch , try to ask Arthmoor (the author of the patch) how they fixed this error and recreate the fix yourself , or just try to ignore the bug and continue as if nothing is wrong

I was looking for the fixed bugs by the unnoficial patch, and found it: "All three pieces of the Gauldur Amulet and the finished piece will now correctly appear on all races", so it's probably related with the race of my character. I could get the DLCs for the unnoficial patch, but I don't like the not-exactly-bugs "fixed" by it. One day I get the Special Edition, and if it persists, I'll try to fix it myself. But thank you for trying, anyway.

if you're not using mods there are 2 easy things you can try

1) deactivate the archiveinvalidation in NMM then reactivate it, then try the game

2) verify your files through steam, if you're not using mods then your textures should be intact

I tried (I just don't know if I did it right), but didn't change anything. As a minor bug, I'll ignore it for now. Thank you, anyway.

you should take a look in tes5edit, easily the most helpful program for skyrim. Load all mods into tes5edit. Type into FormID filter 0002d773 and hit enter. this will show you all mods overwriting the Amulet. Maybe you find cool. You probably have mod that effects races that can wear it amulet like you suggested. If you had lost textures from install/uninstall of mods then amulet would be purple, can't remember ever knowing what happens when something is without nif file?

you should take a look in tes5edit, easily the most helpful program for skyrim. Load all mods into tes5edit. Type into FormID filter 0002d773 and hit enter. this will show you all mods overwriting the Amulet. Maybe you find cool. You probably have mod that effects races that can wear it amulet like you suggested. If you had lost textures from install/uninstall of mods then amulet would be purple, can't remember ever knowing what happens when something is without nif file?

That's when you get the big red !

lol

Edited by gromulos

That's when you get the big red !

lol

that's right! red stuff, i think the !'s are in triangles? its come back to me now. OP is not missing textures or meshes, Im sticking the race thing for now.

@OP open racemenu in game and changes races for minute and see what happens.