external ssd

I have been using a alienware 13 for fallout 4 pretty much since it came out. Despite the fact it barely meets requirements for the game, it has performed beautifully

I love to test mods and at any given time might have 150 mods. The problem is,Im running out of space quickly and want to get an external drive.

I also installed it in program files(before I knew better) but it takes 12 hours to redownload the game to a different directory and I wanted to wait till I could

afford an external drive, and put it on that. Im thinking an external SSD and need some advice about it. What kind of drives are people who mod heavily using?

Its an i-5 running windows 7.Thank You in advance for any help.

I did use a program that allows you to clean up your files .I think it was cc cleaner. The space issue is part of the problem, but Im getting some issues with ctds and the like

and wanted to move F4 and mod organizer 2 somewhere away from my C drive altogether to isolate it so I could eliminate any potential issues with windows security. Both Gopher and gamer poets who I follow have

said there are are potential issues there.But I thought an SSD would speed up the information access.

Its a laptop so I dont think so, dell does make a dock for its alienware devices. I know you can run the alienware external graphics card with the dock, thats all I looked at as far as features of the dock though.

But its like 200+ dollars and at that point, I might look into a desktop. Nowadays,even the less expensive ones(500$) are adequete for gaming.My laptop is an i5 with an nvidia 860m card and its not bad.

I do have to choose between having a visually pretty game with enb and having the number of mods i like to use. If you try to do both, it has issues.

I do not know Dell's specs but you can get a nice NVMe SSD + a SATA 2.5 SSD depending on how old your laptop is. But a 2.5 SATA SSD for sure would solve the issue and SATA is coming down in price as well.