Load Order Help?

alltheseducks

I need help organizing my load order. LOOT didn't seem to think I needed to make any changes, but I had a couple CTDs, so I tried to sort it myself. I don't think I did very well at all, because my game just kept crashing, sometimes on start up, sometimes randomly. I figured I had messed it up somehow, so I put it back the way LOOT said was right, but now I'm getting CTDs when I use the Armor Workbench. I don't think this load order is right, since it's mostly just the order I enabled the mods, with a few changes made according to what the mod pages said to do. I haven't been able to figure out how to determine what goes where; I know it has to do with conflicts and that you can identify them in xEdit, but when I use xEdit, I don't really know what I'm looking at and I'm not sure exactly what the things are that are conflicting. (I can follow the colour code fine, but I have no idea what the items highlighted actually are. I can't find a tutorial that covers that; if you know of one, please share it!)

I think I've probably got some conflicts with Horizon that I missed, since it's such a big mod. I found as many updated patches as I could, and otherwise removed stuff that would've conflicted, but I think I must have missed something.

Here's my load order

0 0 Fallout4.esm
1 1 DLCRobot.esm
2 2 DLCworkshop01.esm
3 3 DLCCoast.esm
4 4 DLCworkshop02.esm
5 5 DLCworkshop03.esm
6 6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
7 7 Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
8 8 Z_Architect.esm
9 9 ArmorKeywords.esm
10 a Homemaker.esm
11 b TrueStormsFO4.esm
254 FE 0 Friendly Raider.esl
12 c 3DNPC_FO4.esp
13 d Campsite.esp
14 e SCDC_v0.5.esp
15 f SilentProtagonist.esp
16 10 SilentProtagonist_TFTC.esp
17 11 AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
18 12 Lots More Facial Hair.esp
19 13 Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp
20 14 Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp
21 15 Multiple Floors Sandboxing.esp
22 16 SlowTime.esp
23 17 Armorsmith Extended.esp
24 18 Wasteland Clothing Pack.esp
25 19 recon scope replacer.esp
26 1a Targeting Sensors on Recon Scopes.esp
27 1b TAS.esp
28 1c SkjAlert_All_DLC.esp
29 1d UniqueUniques.esp
30 1e WhatsYourName.esp
31 1f TakeCover.esp
32 20 Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
33 21 Guards.esp
34 22 TrueGenderEquality.esp
35 23 TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp
36 24 TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
37 25 TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp
38 26 Fr4nssonsLightTweaks.esp
39 27 FO4Hotkeys.esp
40 28 TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp
41 29 Backpacks of the Commonwealth.esp
42 2a Colored Workshop Lights.esp
43 2b FrazzledPiper.esp
44 2c GunnerFaceVariety.esp
45 2d FactionPinups.esp
46 2e IcebreakerCDO-Settlements.esp
47 2f Standalone.esp
48 30 console.esp
49 31 BetterSettlers.esp
50 32 WestTekTacticalOptics.esp
51 33 BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp
52 34 WestTekTacticalOptics-AWKCR.esp
53 35 BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp
54 36 DYNAVISION.esp
55 37 VisibleWeapons.esp
56 38 DarkerNights.esp
57 39 RaiderFaceVariety_2.0.esp
58 3a Survivalist GoBags-Chem Station.esp
59 3b Survivalist Go-Bags_AE_AWKCR.esp
60 3c TrapperFaceVariety.esp
61 3d FO4 NPCs Travel.esp
62 3e StartMeUp.esp
StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp
63 3f Z_Horizon.esp
64 40 Clothing Of The Commonwealth.esp
65 41 Z_Horizon_Loot_Respawn.esp
66 42 Z_Horizon_Loot_Respawn_DLC.esp
67 43 Z_Horizon_DLC_All.esp
68 44 Z_Horizon_Timescale.esp
69 45 Z_Horizon_Patch_ArmorsmithExtended.esp
70 46 Z_Horizon_Patch_Homemaker.esp
71 47 Patch - Horizon - Tales from the Commonwealth.esp
72 48 Z_Horizon_DEFUI.esp
73 49 NPCs Travel Horizon Patch.esp
74 4a HorizonCampsiteSurvival.esp
75 4b backpacks_horizon_westtek_comp.esp
76 4c Z_Horizon_Patch_SMU.esp
77 4d Z_Extras.esp

UniqueUniques.esp = Should be near the bottom of the load order (mods that edit or add leveled lists should be placed near the bottom of the load order, these require high priority)

Armorsmith Extended.esp = Should be near the bottom

3DNPC_FO4.esp = should be near the very bottom of load order (fully featured quest mods require High Priority)

you have few mods that edit leveled lists, as such i strongly suggest downloading wrye bash, and creating a bash patch to merge the leveled lists.

if you want a step by step tutorial in how to use this program, let me know

as for the crash when using Armor workbenches, re-install Armor Weapons Keywords and Community Resource mod, and allow it to overwrite everything when asked.

going to quote my other reply should be applicable here as well

"Low Priority Any mod that has an ESM extension, and any mod that is designed to be overridden by other mods, such has community resource mods. other mods that should be plaed higher in the load order are Retexture Mods, Animation Mods, NPC overhauls, etc (Place these at the very top of the Load Order

Medium Priority: Any Mod Related to Hair,Face and Body, Lighting Overhaul mods, Weather Mods, Bug Fixes, Gameplay Effects and Changes, Workshop Mods,, Custom Followers, that do not have a fully fledged quest attached to them <-- (Place these in the Middle of Your Load Order)

High Priority Mods: Anything you can craft in the Chemistry Lab or Armorsmith Workbench, New Weapon Mods, New Armor Mods, Power Armor Mods, Armorsmith Extended, New Quest Mods etc etc <-- (place these mods at the bottom of your load order)

Maximum Priority: Alternate Start Mods, Companion Framework mods (Such as Amazing Follower Tweaks), Mods that Edit Leveled Lists, Bash Patch (Should be the very last mod), and Scrapping Mods, also New Settlement mods, such as Custom Player Homes, Sim Settlements etc etc"

Edited by Guest

@twistedfatal you're more then welcome to link my guide if you feel that the person can benefit from it :)

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3886575-fallout-4-beginners-guide/

@alltheseducks

Follow the guide step by step, do ALL of steps 1-3 and Appendix 1 if you need to, as twistedfatal pointed out more politely than I will, your load order is a complete mess and DEFINITELY needs a bashed patch

@gromulos, thanks, i would have just wrote quick and simple step by step (for wyre bash/flash), but yea i will be sure to remember that link in the future :smile:

Hey it's no biggie, all of us here in the forums who try to help new people are just trying to accomplish the same goal, I just had the foresight to write everything up so that it would be a whole LOT easier in the future lol

I also have guides for Skyrim, Fallout3, and Fallout new Vegas, it's pretty much the same information, I just changed the programs for each so there wouldn't be any confusion :)

The skyrim one cover both old and SSE as you will see if you read it, you can't miss how I made sure for the user to know which files to use lol :P

Skyrim Version of my guide - https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2235394-beginners-guide-to-modding/