Edit weapon statistics

schlomo46

Dear Dying Light Community,

I recently finished the game and got interested in other aspects, Dying Light has to offer, including the mods made by the community and maybe a little bit by myself.

I was wondering if it is possible to change the statistics (ammo capacity, damage, spread) in the game files or with a specific tool/mod. Also it would interest me, if it is possible,

to not only change the stats of every weapon of a kind (so that for example every bow does that damage), but if it is possible to edit a certain weapon in my inventory, so that only

this one weapon has changed stats.

Thanks for any help or feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

With best regards.

Edited by schlomo46

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's possible to change the statistics of weapons, very easy too. You don't need any tools, just winrar. It's simple script and changing values. You just need to know where to look.

As for your question about editing a specific item that's currently in your inventory, I don't believe so but I'm not 100% sure.

• 1 year later...

hi can someone please tell me where the weapon stats are located the files so i cam modify the weapon damage in game

The weapon stats are found in the various .scr files. For instance, the German 9mm pistol's data is found starting on line 27680 of the inventory_gen.scr file, whereas longbow and crossbow stats are found in the inventory_special.scr file (on lines 747 and 6782 respectively).

• 1 year later...