Make cell look like outer space

thousande

Hi

I have an interior cell which I want to look like space. My first idea was to tick show sky under lightning which shows the sky, and the weather is clear and it is night time I get a night sky.

Am I complicating this with a cell? Is there another way to do this? I want to avoid fiddle with the GameHour global

I guess the outside sequence of the Archimedes II Space Station in the The Frontier video do something that I am looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK6a9DMOVQ0

Thank you in advance,

T

ya the weather is the ticket. should be as simple as writing a script using a distance function to trigger the cell (if it can be walked to) if you can only teleport there then you have other way better options like onload or onplayerteleport events and just set the weather alias to one of the night weather alias. but you may have to keep it that way, so the easiest way i could imagine is do some kinda timer for when the player is in the cell no doubt, using gametime every couple hours or whatever set it back to night. using a loop and waitgametime(float) should work

Hi again

Thank you for the answers. Weather seems like the way to go

This is what I do now

* In the Sounds and Effects tab, the Aurora must have a stars / space nif (eg. Sky\Stars.nif)

* Always visible and Follows Sun Position must be checked

* In the General tab, disable all cloud layers

* Play around with the sky color and image spaces (since there are visible day / night cycle it's mostly tuning one 'day period' and copy/paste)

Not quite there as the day/night cycle is running and with the current settings the moon is not visible before sunset. Right now that is a workable solution as I do not need correctness all around

Thanks