How do you use an already recorded vanilla dialogue file with a new dialogue topic?

I'm making a mod where, among other things, Eorlund Graymane has some new lines of dialogue. I want to just reuse some of the vanilla recordings to voice his new lines, but I can't figure out how to do that. It seems to me it ought to be simple, but I just can't figure it out. I've been looking at and fiddling with these two screens in the creation kit for a while:

TopicInfoWindowStart.png

EmptyResponseWindow.png

I've been playing around with the second window in particular, since it has an actual sound file name and pathway on the bottom half, but I'm unable to edit them to have them point at the file I want. I've also tried opening these windows for the topic line that already uses the sound file I want, editing them to use the new line I want, and saving them as the new dialogue topic, but that hasn't worked either because I'm not allowed to edit anything in those windows. Googling for the answer hasn't helped either, because no "how to mod a character" sites out there seem to care about reusing old dialogue, only recording new stuff.

This isn't the first time the creation kit seemed determined to frustrate me with this mod I'm trying to make, and I'm getting to the end of my rope here. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?

I am happy to report that your first suggestion worked. Once I figured out how to extract the sounds files I needed from the Skyrim bsa, I simply renamed them, put them in the correct directory within the mod, and now Eorlund actually speaks his new lines out loud.

And now I have a new problem: his lips don't move while he's speaking the new lines. They still move with his vanilla lines, but not these new ones I've added. I'm so relieved to have the sound issue fixed that I find this more funny than frustrating, but I'd still like to fix it. Any suggestions about why this might be happening? I've not noticed any differences between the settings of his vanilla lines and his new lines, neither in the creation kit nor in SSEEdit, so I'm not sure where to start.

Edited by ShadeTailUS

OK, so. What happened is, I extracted the fuz files. But since I didn't know what '.fuz' meant and I wasn't sure they were what I wanted, I experimented with changing them to '.wav' to see if that worked. I didn't make any changes to the actual files, I only changed the extension. So I just changed the extension back to '.fuz' and his lips are now moving.

So the problems are now fixed. Thanks greatly for all your help.

As a quick follow-up report, I've done some more in-game testing. Everything in the mod seems to work exactly as I intended. This means I'm basically done. All that's left is packaging it up to keep things nice and neat, and that's easy enough. Thank you very much for helping me solve the last real issue.